Wednesday, June 30, 2010

How times have changed

It's being two weeks, and I've been searching around for jobs. To find a good job that suits what you like but not what your degree offers is not an easy task. Experience is an issue, and the relevance of the degree is another. Always have to prepare myself to answer the question, why not doing anything related to life sciences and applying for this instead ? I really wonder if my answer would change as I go for different interview..

Having 4 students at the moment is like a part time and I did consider whether to do it full time too. But now I feel like trying out the corporate world first to see if I'm suited for it. Coming july, I'll be having 6 students and how to handle if I have a full-time job? To think that my first student Shuba msged me just now to ask me to revise chem and bio for her O level, it makes me realise that I've made a difference in her life and she wants me to help her. Those sense of satisfaction you get when the student appreciates it is what keeps me continue teaching I guess. Remembering 4 years ago, I was so reluctant in teaching to my current state. What a turn around. Will I be a full time tutor? For now.. No..

Times flies and as it goes on, the friends around you slowly disappears. It's kinda weird that some friends suddenly just change of attitude and stop contacting while some just quietly slips away. Who are those that we treasure and who are those that will just walk past without saying bye ? It depends on how you regard that friend as I guess.

No comments: