First came up with this idea a couple of years ago.. initially wanted to go with Mindy de. But so far it has not happened, due to time and some other issues here and there. Anyway, I enjoyed my run in Penang.
The run starts an unearthly hour of 3am. @_@ so that means I needa wake up at 1am to prepare myself. Whose body in the right mind will be at top condition for a marathon? Seriously .. lol. The run was cooling, very cooling at that wee hours, and that's the good thing. Terrain of it was all on tarmac, and gentle upslopes that can go on for 2km. The 2km upslope up penang bridge was tiring actually. It was gentle, yet so long it tires the calf muscles.
Shot taken at Penang bridge..
The Malaysian runners aren't exactly a fast bunch. Or perhaps not that many elite/ serious runners join it. I was running at a very comfy pace of 2hr and I think I'm in one of the faster pack. With a pace of 1hr 40, i think can claim a top 10 position.
Anyway, I think overseas race is a fun experience. Especially because the route is totally new to you, and there's no boredom while running as every step you take is something that you've not seen before. Furthermore, you get to pig-out after the race with new and interesting food !
In the end, had to preserve my leg due to the recurring ITB that has never managed to heal. Last race was 2 weeks ago, Newton 30km. HAHHA... lin keeps asking me to let it rest before going for next run. And the next run is next weekend, Standard Marathon =D Woohoo..
Adding another medal to my Finisher's medal collection. =)
I just enjoy the feeling of passing the finishing line.
Penang is a place that I've been to so many times yet there are still food that I want to try. This time I went to the famous Ayer Hitam Penang Laksa stall. By the Ayer Itam Market. For a price of RM 3.30, you get to enjoy a bowl of sumptious Penang Laksa. I've tried many different Penang Laksa in Penang, and I would say this is one of the better ones. =)
The soup was sour and spicy at the correct proportion, Sour enough to make you want to drink more yet not that spicy that you will perspire. The noodle was of the correct softness too; A little QQ. Overall, I would recommend one to try this stall if you are in Penang.
I'll be going around many many parts of Malaysia, in fact all the different states in Malaysia. And I'll be blogging about all the nice food that I try along the way. Can't wait to embark on the food journey... (While on work trips )
No comments:
Post a Comment