I've officially started my Tokyo Marathon training. 16 weeks plan to get me to sub 4hrs. An aim I've been only dreaming about, not really getting down to doing it. The closest I came to achieving that was 2014 Hong Kong. Unfortunately, I was affected by an injury.
Anyway, 11 days into the training, I've obediently trained according to the plan, not missing a day. it's 5 days training a week, and the amount of speed work involved has been something new for me. I've never done so much speed work for a Marathon training. Let's see how it goes.
11 days so far, and my legs are feeling it. I can feel the difference in power and aerobic improvement, also, I've done more mileage in the past 11 days than what I've being doing for the past 5 months... So ya.. I've been too slack ... and now is payback time. The last race that I really get down to training so seriously was probably NZ IM . 2012 Nov to 2013 Feb. Now, 3 years of slacking later... I'm reviving that determination of mine...
Keep going ZY. I can do it!
And hooray.. today is Friday. REST day..


No comments:
Post a Comment