finally finished my 2 weeks of ICT. High key de. Packed like crazy, full of exercises and training. The fatigue part came in more on the 2nd week during the 3d2n field camp. First part of it was more on the platoon mission, which i was supposed to supervise and give comments, so there wasn't much time to rest. Then comes the 2nd part on deployment, where it's my show, cos i'm the 2IC, so practically i didn't had much time to rest thru out. With minimal rest, I still managed to survive.. plus the fresh ration that my 2 runners prepare for me every meal, it just makes it easier to push on, cos the morale is higher.
Anyway, this ICT made me learn quite a bit of things, not just on the company, the commanders, also on myself. I learnt a lot on the capability of the company, and how much I can expect. For the commanders, it's the first time i see them in action in the field, cos seriously, in the field and admin, it's a different ball game altogether. I have much more respect for some of them, after watching how they handle things.
Personally, i feel I was a little soft and quiet throughout this ICT, I don't really talk much to the men, but when i need to get things done, I will make sure it happens. Capacity wise, i never doubt myself, but I've got a feeling that some of them may doubt me, cos i never really show it to them. It's more abt how to get things done eventually. I learnt quite a bit abt myself, in the sense I know more on my strength, and what I should be more particular with. Life is all abt tapping on the strength and working on the weakness isn't it..
The 2 fav phrases of the whole 2 weeks would be this..
" I don't know how to read from street directory one.. I can only read map, Operational man should read map, not street directory, I'm a jungle man, not a city cat like you "
" you are not allowed to out ration the food cos it has soup plus indentment changes will take 3 working days"
Finally, The biggest learning point is this.. Just ask this yourself
" Is today better than yesterday?"
If it is.. you've not wasted one day of your life..
No comments:
Post a Comment