I cried... 3 times.. watching the same story on Team Hoyt. A story on Rick and Dick Hoyt.. to those who have not heard about them before, it's a story of a father and son, where they formed a team of 2 competing in various marathons and Ironman races. That sounds okay right? NOTE: his son, Rick, has cerebral paralysis. watch the video to understand how i feel.
I don't like the way they link it to christ. This is a love from a father to a son. and it's truly astonishing, don't over shadow the intent of Dick to his son that his own wish is to see him happy.
Thus, I went to find to read up more on them, and found another video on the life story of Rick and Dick, how they come about joining all these races..
This is really touching for me.. I don't normally tear easily in the first place.. But the fact that I know how tough it is to just complete one Ironman race makes it really touching to see Dick doing so for his son. This is a inspirational video for me... Though I feel I pale in comparison even though I'm going to take part in Ironman as well..
No comments:
Post a Comment