Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Met with an accident just now while cycling and got injured. Was cycling with my usual group of kakis and so happen that today, there was 2 new riders joining us. So we were cycling well till changi coastal road, where the mishap happened. I was drafting behind Aljino and this new rider, Vijay was on aero-bar on his bike. ( holding onto aero-bar means no control of the break and less manoeuvre ability ) Following behind Aljino, not expecting anything weird to happen, Vijay decided to cut in infront of Aljino. Upon noticing that he was way too near, I shouted at him to back off, but it was all too late and he hit Aljino's rear wheel. coming in at 45 degrees from my right, and travelling at 40km/h, there was no where I could divert my bike into. Vijay crashed right in front of me and my wheels ran over him, trying hard to control the bike but was in vain, as my bike eventually turned and threw me off the bike, landing on my shoulder. As a result, my shoes were torn, wheels damaged, bike scratched... All needs repair...
My poor bike, with the front wheel gone case.. ball bearing damaged.. need to change.

And I went to CGH for x-ray, to find out that there's a minor dislocation on the shoulder. Min 2 weeks to recover, maybe more.. depends. DAMN IT. I've just picked up the intensity of training as it's 5 weeks away from the race.. And now is the critical period. Honestly, i think it's game over for me le. I don't think the arm will recover in time in 2 weeks, plus tahan the strenenous activity that goes along with it.

Training hard for the past few months, only for one reason. And this has to happen. Am I suay lately? or am I very suay? last week give me thrash hair cut.. this week accident. so what's next in-line for me ?

No comments: