Much has happened over the past 2 weeks. Dear came over on 11th night and accompanied me till 14th. In the midst of our busy schedule, we still manage to find time for each other.. As I always say, it's all up to individual effort and what you priortise. I love you dear.. =)
On 14th night itself, there's a company trip to Awana-Genting. Drove up there and met the colleagues from SG as well. It was a nice meet up with them. It's always nice to see familar faces who you're comfortable with. Training in Awana was okay, just a little taxing as it was a full 2.5days of training. At the end of it, there was a test and we were ranked with the results being read out individually from lowest to highest. Many of the lowest scorer were kinda expected staffs on my Msia side and as expected, SG staff mostly scored much better. I got 2nd, just 1 question behind Wendy. And I think we rightfully got 1st and 2nd. She's now the NTT trainer, and I'm the Msia in-charge. It gives us much more credibility when we're required to teach other ppl/ or in my case manage them.
We did better than all the other university Audiologist, and it speaks a lot about their quality. (some were top students) Never had there be a test that we did together, and from the past till now, there has always been a feeling that they don't respect us that much because we're HCC, and they're Audiologist, who are supposed to know it better. But this test shows it all otherwise, that we can be better than them and it's all up to individual efforts. Honestly, I didn't even study for it and I barely wrote down any notes. It was purely base on listening while the trainer was giving lecture. To understand concept is more important than writing down notes but not understanding. I'm glad that I did well and in turn, got a 1 day off. haha.. what a bonus. Thinking how I will spend this bonus off day..
Anyway, there are many failures in the test and they are all the "lao jiao". To find all sorts of excuses and other blames instead of thinking how to improve their own knowledge is such a loser mentality. You fail the test, you study harder.. don't blame others.
Internal rivalry is always present and it can be a good thing or it can be a bad thing.. it can create a positive competition between those who strive for the best yet at the same time it can create jealously and gossips. a one-sided skewing of results due to the different mental capacity and they say we're lucky / bias. Come on.. why is there a need to worry about all these if you're really there. Only when you can't make the cut do you complain.
I've being in the country for a period of time and I've seen enough of their attitude. Only a portion of them are much more motivated and self driven. There's a reason to why the country isn't progressing that much. It takes a lot of effort to get things done. But that's how the system is and I've just gotta get use to it and find a way around it.. The only thing I doesn't want to be involved is under table money. That's a principle that I will not cross.. Be honest and transparent is my principle. I've still got lots to learn... It's a long journey ahead.
No comments:
Post a Comment