Happy Chines New Year !
Usually CNY is a busy period due to the high volume of visiting that I have to cover. To make things even better, I'm in KL, to travel back to SG for visiting takes up even more time. Travelling up and down the highway for the festive period is tiring. So little time to visit so many relatives.. not mentioning friends. Only managed to squeeze out an hour to visit Lin's family on CNY eve.
Anyway, less the hectic schedule so far it's being okay. The CNY mood seems to have tapered down significantly as you grow older. Not much hype on the Hong Bao, not much hype on the gambling that you can play. New year goodies are just as per usual, only a few nice ones. What's so special about CNY now? To me, I truly understand the use of reunion dinner.
Reunion dinner is especially meaningful for me this year as my sis n her hubby came back from HK and I came back from KL to have our meals together. When everyone is away and they make a special effort to come back and gather together, I think that's what makes it special. Prior to this, we see each other daily, have regular family meals and honestly, reunion dinner doesn't hold that much significance. Now that we're all over the place, being able to come back for a meal together makes it special. Chatting over the table, sharing what has happened in each of our individual life while savouring the tasty home-cooked meal. Yums.
This Dragon year is said to be a not so good year for the tiger. ROAR! Hear the tiger ROAR ! Tigers be wary of yourself and surroundings and don't get caught off-guard. Let's make it a fruitful and rewarding year ahead !!
HUAT ARH !!
No comments:
Post a Comment