Sunday, September 14, 2008

Determination

Body is weaker.. No doubt.. I can feel it. Not as fit as before.. Not as healthy as before.. Gone are the days where I can confidently say 5km, no kick... 10km, anytime.. 15km, give me a week. 21km, give me 2 weeks. Why is that so?

Talking to mindy abt it, she reminded me about my diet, my rest. I've been reducing the calories that I've been taking lately, and abt 6hrs of sleep a day. But that shouldnt' be the main contributor to what I'm experiencing. There's a significant difference that I can feel. For the next few weeks, have to take note and see how the body adapts to it.

Ran 12km just now. 1:04:45 . 2mins slower than what I did 1 month ago. It shouldn't be the case, since BY RIGHT, i'm supposed to be more aclimatise to the distance. yes, I did pace myself a bit slower, cos I'm weary about what happened last week when my heart was beating extremely fast. No problems with the muscles. No tired muscles struggling with the distance, no excess lactic acid that it can't take. Just the heart that's limiting me. Running alone doesn't help, cos I need to take extra precaution, in case anything happens. (Choi) . oh well... What to do.. Can only work on from now on. 6km behind schedule. Just have to do what I can. I've lost confidence in my running, i've lost the body that once carry me with ease.. the only thing I've left is the determination.

I VOW to complete the 42.195km this year...

No comments: