Saturday, December 6, 2008

This morning after I finished teaching tuition at SK, took 27 back to tamp to change train.. And along the way at Tampines polyclinic, the bus met with an accident, E-BRAKE suddenly. and a lot of passengers got flunk forward. including me. I was holding on tightly to the handle, but 4 passengers weight landed on me, and I got thrown forward by the heavy load. luckily, the bus was quite packed.. so I had some natural human cushion to stop me from flying that far. One lady wasn't as lucky, she fell and hit the handle, as a result, suffered from shocked for a moment and injured her knee, ( it hit the handle )

okay, now to how the accident happened. I didn't witnessed it with my own eyes, only heard from those that saw it, so I can't be a witness and testify it..

The bus was abt to do a right turn, and a MPV driven by a lady, was in front of it. trying to do a U-turn at a junction where no U-turn is allowed. Then there was a guy who ran across the road, cos it's red for the other side, causing the MPV to E-brake, resulting in the Bus following suit, Which some how or rather stopped just in time, only smashing the rear wind screen of the MPV into pieces. ( i think it got hit by the wipper of the Bus ) if hit by the bus, the car sure gone case. it's like throwing an egg on a rock. The whole road was filled with broken glasses, and I alighted the bus shortly after when making sure there wasn't any serious injury to anybody, or any contribution that I can make.

In this type of situation, whose fault is it? The reckless-ness of the driver who flauted the laws of the road, making an illegal U-turn ? or is it the fault of the guy that ran across? Is pedestrian always not at fault? I think it's a combination of both ba.. Sadly, the guy ran away and can't be found.

on another note, just attended a fren's grandma's wake. This is the 4th wake I've attended this yr. Perhaps its cos we are all growing old, and the older generation that brought us to this world has reached the age, where illness starts to plague everyone. take care bro..

well... life goes on..

No comments: