It's been three weeks since exam over.. There's still like 9 more weeks, 3 times more the amt. Kinda thinking why didn't i go and find some short term work. at least for the month of june. True, I wanted a good rest in May, cos I was really shag out during the sem. But now, I'm getting a bit bored by the amt of time I have.. Don't really know what I should do to keep myself busy. Physical training, yes, I'm doing so, but that can't be the whole day isn't it. Training at most twice a day, it's a bit too much for my aging body, which is not conditioned to do so after pro-long period of not working out regularly.
Will be going to pick up blading in June, during the weekends. Think that should at least give me something to look forward to =)
And yes, Man utd lost to Barca yest 2-0 in the Champions league final. So sad.. But Barca really out played Man utd. The battle was lost in the midfield, where the likes of Xavi, iniesta, Toure, Messi, Henry, pawned Man utd midfield. There wasn't much creative force in Man utd's midfield, only the Ronaldo, always trying to solo. If only he had released Rooney in the 7th min, that may have made all the difference that they needed. Oh well.. They lost to a better team today, no doubts abt it, it's time ferguson look at his team, and think of how to input more creative force into it le..
Have been reading the book " God is not Great " It's a book written by Christopher Hitchens, an ex-journalist, who has vast experience in dealing with religious issues and political problems. It presents an interesting perspective on how religion manipulates mind, and how he debate it that it is all created by human. That's just a small overview on it. I'm still in the midst of reading it.
Talkign abt that, I was talking to Gabriel abt Christianity just a few days back. Gab, being a staunch christian, whose ambition is to be a pastor, has already gone for bible studies. I do respect his view, and he does present himself to be a good role model, as such, his nick name used to be " Holy man". Anyway.. while conversing with him abt the origin of Christianity, he too put across another view pt, which is that you have to believe in it to see it work. I do wonder how it does work... after much debate and questioning, it all boils down to a word. Faith.. If you believe in it, then it's there. It's a bit vague to me at least. Talking abt resurrection, miracle healing, Nah, i dont' believe in any of it. Come show it to me, ask the shaman or witch doctor, to repeat the feat again, to make ppl believe it. If it's real, it should have been documented since it's such a MIRACLE.
I'm not so against it, it's just that I don't believe in anything that I can't find proof to. and in this particular aspect, there are just things that can never be proven. just like science, some theories will always remain as theories. you can choose to believe it or not.. A personal choice..
No comments:
Post a Comment