Monday, August 24, 2009

Alaskan king crab

Went to Owen Seafood restaurant at Turf city today, after a much awaited long time.. I finally got to eat my Alaskan King Crab.. WOOT~! Went with dear, sf and bx... Just nice 4 person to have a nice meal like that. =D We went there on weekday cos there's 50% off the bill... and even with that, the bill was $253.. without the discount.. i think it's a bit out of reach arh.

Once we reached there, we were all so high abt the life seafood, going around looking at some of the interesting species available. Everything looks just so nice lo.. if only it doesn't cost $$, i'll order everything.. wahaha...
Alaskan King crab...
Australian King Crab ( my next target )

After much thoughts, we settled on a few dishes.. mainly, bamboo clam, Jumbo Oyster, Fresh Scallop and of cos not forgetting ALASKAN KING CRAB.

Bamboo clam... it tastes a bit like calamari, but far more tender and chewy.. Nice.. my 2nd Fav dish for the day.


Jumbo Oyster.. It's really big.. so big that I can't do what I usually like to do for oyster, that's to finish it in a mouth.. The oyster was nice, without any " xin wei " but the cheese on top of it is a bit too creamy le.. Makes it a bit too ni..


Here comes the star of the night... Alaskan King crab.. This is a small one.. 1.75kg only. After thinking and dreaming about it for so long, I finally managed to have it right in front of my eyes eating it.. The nicest part of the crab is the long long leg, which when cut open, looks like a crabstick.. The meat is so sweeettttt and tender.. I can assure you that this is the nicest crab I've eaten so far.. and it was just simply done by steaming.. Fresh and nice seafood is always best eaten just the way it is..

Shufang and Bingxun

There was also the scallop.. Not bad, though not very spectacular.. the shrimp paste was a bit too much, cover up the original taste of scallop..

After finishing eating those above.. we were still a bit hungry and craving for more.. So we went to order the Tiger prawns.. This time it's being cooked in salted egg.. Something new, never eaten prawns being cooked like that one.. the saltiness of the salted egg goes well, and makes the sweetness of the prawn even more obvious.. " it's like playing with our tastebud..


All in all, it was a meal worth all the wait.. I'm finally satisfied from the alaskan crab. HAha.. thanks all for accompanying me for my expensive cravings.. =D I'm sure it was an eye opener and money well worth meal too right...

(sad that we forgot to take a table shot together.)

No comments: