Started the race well, pacing myself at 5min 45s to 6min /km pace. it sustained all the way till 15km, where I got a timing of 1hr 28min there. I was on course for a timing of 2hr, but the pain in my knee kicked in at 11km.. So I actually struggled with myself for 4km, ( between 11-15km) thinking whether to give up the race and walk finish the rest.. finally at 15km, I decided to rest my knee for another day, don't want to worsen the already inflammed knee. This old injury of mine needs more resting and conditioning.. It was actually a very tough decision to make, cos I don't give up easily.. For the betterment and future trainings, I know I just had to do it.. eventually, finished the whole race in 2hr 21mins.. Achieved my aim of completing the race, and without further injuries..
Met Hc early in the morning, 4.45am at cityhall, before we made our way to the starting point for the run.. Hc's first 21km wor.. Ha... congrats on finishing ur maiden 21km.. first of many to come right.. =D
Hc at the finishing pt...
It's always nice to have someone waiting for u at the end pt, receiving and welcoming you in isn't it...
The sense of fufilment and joy, knowing that you have conquered yourself makes you want to go for more..
2 comments:
thanks sp :D
how come ur blogger can post photo! mine cannot wor! >_<
haha... I don't know leh.. i think lin also cannot post photo.. hmm.. maybe IE got problem loading? got block arh ?
Post a Comment