Finished SCSM 21km yesterday in 2hr 09min. Slightly faster than my target for the day ( 2hr 20min ). Weather was good, cooling and nice with so many ppl running together. Didn't train much for 21km resulted in this unimpressive timing. Hit 10km at 55min, 17km at 1 hr 40min and the final 4km was a slow slow one. Tired body was dragged on by the mind to carry on, more like a cruise control mode just going ahead without thinking much. I'm happy to know that my mind was stronger than the body which was what kept me going on sunday.
A good build up to the big day and I aim to hit 2hr for the last leg of my ironman race, the 21km run after my swim and cycle. It'll be tough to do so after 4 hrs of intense exercise, I'll train hard to make it as close as possible to my target even if I can't go under the timing. oh well... tomorrow will resume light training le... routine lifestyle is coming back online.
No comments:
Post a Comment