Friday, July 30, 2010

Torturing

It's being a difficult past few days..

Selecting and applying for job is really not easy. First and foremost, the question to ask is always " what do I want to do ? " Is it pratical ? Is it economical ? Is that what I want to do 10 yrs down the road or just a transition for now ? So many things run through the head, and at times, it changes.

Zooming down to the industry that I think I want to enter only to face with the fact that it's not that easy to get in without exp. How to get exp when we are fresh grads? Why isn't there much companies willing to take the risk and groom us? For practical reasons, it's not difficult to know why.

Sending in cover letter, preparing for the interview, reading up, mental psych up are the preps for each job.. and going for many interviews to accept and reject plays ard with the mood.

Faced with a serious dilemna yesterday, all because I'm not sure whether to reject the company. It all begun with good prospects and with all positive thinking, I wanted to try it out, only to be left with the question, am I willing to enter that industry ? It took quite a while, but I'm happy that I decided not to. It's just so not me I guess.

Honestly, with a job staring at you and for you to say no, it doesn't come that easy. Because saying "no" means a repeated cycle of searching for jobs, sending resumes, preparing interview, and the whole cycle repeats itself upteen times.

For some that has the benefit of not requiring to go through this, good for you. But spare a thought for those who needs to. Sometimes I believe it's not a matter of "eeee... why this type", it's a matter of being practical and see whether it's do-able.

My search has resumed and I wonder how long more it'll go on...

Anyway, went for Platelepheresis this afternoon. Kinda random, cos I went there for full bld donation, only to be asked my the nurse " I can see that you have already donated 24 times and your veins are pretty healthy, would you like to donate platelets instead ?" Donating platelets is sort of a transit from the normal full bld donation, due to the long period of time involved and the returning of bld back to the veins, a strong and health set of veins is required. Usually males who exercise make the cut, due to the increase load they carry, it strengthens the veins and it becomes thicker. But there's always a lack of platelets donors anyway.

I've donated platelets before to a fren's dad, and I know how long it takes, but well, since I'm free just do it and hopefully save some ppl who needs it. The process took me 1.5hrs, (including preparation 2 hrs ) as compared to the normal donation of <5mins of donation time. (30mins in total ) Movie screening was provided for so it killed the boredom of sitting there for so long.

Will I transit fully to donate just platelets from now on , or would I alternate between platelets and full blood? hmm.. I don't know though, maybe depends on which bank is more in need. Blood donation has sort of become a routine for me, sadly, sf can't donate liao. It's now a solo trip there..

Yeah, it's getting a bit long and I'm getting very moody lately..

Thoughts just flow and words just appear.

It's me.. Just me..

No comments: