Saturday, September 4, 2010

Life goes on

It's being 2 months since I graduated.. and that means I'm 2 months unemployed. I've been sourcing around for the financial sector, but all that has generated has been financial consultants and bogus claiming financial institutes. It is really that difficult to get into a field with no relevance exp and degree nor expertise. Writing a cover letter and explaining the interest doesn't seem to even get the HR ppl interested. With a decent background, I don't stand a chance against those better performers.

I've always thought that with the correct attitude and drive, I will be able to succeed and overcome those obstacles.. I guess I'm wrong, cos first impression counts and there are so many ppl out there with impressive CVs, why would they even consider me? No interview chance means no chance at all. The choice to slack off a bit in Uni has returned to haunt me, but I guess that's a trade off and choice I made previously when deciding that I need to have the tuition to finance myself. I may not be where I am now if I didn't teach tuition. Indeed it was tough to manage so many sessions of tuitions together with studies and other stuffs, it has taught me several things.

Becoming a bit demoralised about the financial sector, and thus opening up more options of career to myself. Is it what i really wanted to do in the health/pharmaceutical industry? Ben was telling me that day that maybe I should just try out and see if I'm really suited for it. I agree, cos what we feel that we may be good at, may be just an illusion, where we are actually better off elsewhere in another field. The truth is that sometimes you look at the job, and you will realise that it'll lead you to no where, but just enough money to feed the never ending bills, housing loans etc. Is there any other alternative that you can take ? Are you willing to give it a shot even though it may be a very big gamble ? With our current society, most ppl will be weary of it and thus stucked in that shitty job for long..

To be successful, you have to be the difference.. If not you will just be like all the rest, inseparable and indistinguishable.

No comments: