Went for NB real run in the morning. And the route this year is a bit different from last yr's one. Which now really IS an all terrain run. first 3.5km was off-road running, the uneven terrain coupled with the horde of ppl storming down the path, makes it tough. It didn't helped that the race started at 7.45am, sun blazing down at us. So hot lar.. Though I still can't understand why 10km start earlier than 15km, when it's obvious which will take longer. ( 10km started at 7.30am ) After the first 3km, which I killed myself by running a pace of 5min/km. I slowed down significantly to pace myself, hoping to salvage the strained body. it was tar running for the next 9km, till we hit the sand along changi Beach. a 800m worth of sand is no joke. It puts the strain of the calf to the limit, with each step sinking in and not generating enough stride. after that, the last 2.5km, was the HOTTEST part. Running on the Temporary Runway. straight road, which never seems to end, it's machiam sun basking there can. OPEN area. In the end, finished it with a time of 1hr 45mins. horrible timing for my own standard. to think my last 21km was 1hr 52min. wat a far cry.. *boohoo.. ( p.s. last yr real run, my timing was 1hr 22min. )
Disappointed with myself, that I can't take the heat. It gave me very bad headache, and I know that I didn't hydrate myself enough the few days before that. Can feel that heat stroke is coming if I don't watch out. This is supposed to be a build up to SCSM training, hoping to clock a good time, to boost myself for the last part of the training. instead, it has dampen it.. need to work even harder. 49 more days to SCSM. not enough time le... sigh...
putting that aside, accompanied dear to the temple for a while, before having a coffee drinking session. Haha.. just wanted to sit by the coffee table, bring out the newspaper and chill... it's really busy now that, it's hard to find the " xian qing" to do it. anyway, it was good.. =D still had our fair share of Jackfruit and peach ice-cream.. eat till full full..
A little contribution by dear, making sure that I won't forget about her..
No comments:
Post a Comment