Half way through my final Exam in NUS, and all seems to happen so fast. This sem past by extremely fast and in a week's time, I'll officially call an end to my Uni life. Looking back at what has happened in Uni makes me wonder what I've achieved through these years.. Making many friends along the way, with only a few that I would really treasure. Des and Ben, the two that has accompanied me for the past 3 yrs has been wonderful buddies.
Des, though 13,000 km apart for the past 8 months, our frequent communication online makes it seem that distance was all so near. Our near every night MTL, often start/ends our day with some kb-ing and fun before we begin doing work.. Not forgetting those nights that i squatter in his room, mugging thru the night together and discussing some of the chim things in the notes. Plus the naan special from SH, and prata from cheese prata. Those were the fun days...
Ben, knowing him through Des on the first day of sch was an interesting exp. With lots of laughters and gossiping thoughout the sem, it made life much more enjoyable. LM, JP, little eagle, super star, etc are just some of the common terms which only make sense to us. Taking part in NB real run and OSIM tri together was interesting, and the upcoming Port Dickson Tri in July highlights just some of the common interest we share. Train hard, work hard..
Mengsiong and Daniel, another 2 common names that ppl ard me should have heard me mentioning. Studying and mugging tgt for the past 5 sems in VJ and BK was a stressful yet fun one. Doing our regular runs after one whole day of mugging just releases the stress being stored and it's a healthy lifestyle ! Don't know why, but this last sem, I didn't really meet up with them, perhaps each of us has a different agenda on hand and time is an issue.
Of cos, there are many others that has crossed my path and made an impact, but I'm not going to write them all down.
Taking part in some of the events in NUS has also enriched my life in some sense. Remembering joining the cue sports in Yr 1, getting to know ppl like huineng, jeanie, kenneth, khoi mun, eugene hui min and many others. I really enjoyed myself playing with those chaps who loves pool and the many hours of pool buffet that we shared with each other was memorable. Sadly time doesn't permit me to carry on and I've to let it go at sem 2.
One of the most defining moments in my whole of Uni life has got to be Joining YEP 07. Shufang asked me if i'm interested in joining and without much hestitation I agreed. Had lotsa fun and met so many pharmacy frens, and of cos more importantly, got to know hui lin. Since then, she has made quite a significant impact on my life, bringing me love and laughters. Enjoyed every single moment that I've spent with her and really hope there would be endless more to come.
Throughout my studies I've always pondered whether I've chosen the wrong course to enrol in, and I think I have... sadly. Reading and doing research is good for me as I'm interested in it, but studying cells and reading research papers is just too much for me. I'm more interested in the Biology field which the course "life sciences" doesnt' really suit. With so much focus on Biomedical and Molecular Biology, I was made to suffer with the ridiculous loads of shit to memorise which has nothing to do with biology. The course should really be separated into another one or at least specialisation coming in at Yr 2, so that not so much irrelevant stuff will be covered for either side. I've heard a fair share of biomed frens complaining how boring biodiversity is, and I've yet to tell them that's just one mod that you are complaining, I've 4-5 mods in Biomed/MCB that i hate.. Take that.
One of thing that I've yet to complete and no way of accomplishing now is the aim that I set for myself to complete a full Ironman by the end of my Uni life. I was en-route in achieving it when I was training for Aviva 70.3 Half IM. Planned to finish that race and prep myself for a full IM in western australia in July. It didn't materialise due to the accident that I incurred in Feb, and now 11 weeks after, I'm still feeling the pain whenever I turn the shoulder or putting a light weight on it. The feeling sucks... and i'm sure it'll never recover back. Nevertheless i'll still try to go back into tri.. This is a personal aim that I has set and I'll try my very best to achieve it.
What's done has already been done and I can't change that. Given that I should grad with a normal degree with no specialisation, it's getting a bit hard to look for jobs that pays well. Looking around for jobs has make me come to face the fact that exp and specialisation in a particular field is very impt. However I believe with my will to work and my ability to conquer, I just need that one opportunity to perform and I'll grab it with both my hands and make it work. The tough part is to get started and I've just begun. A degree gets you a good first impression and lands you a better job. With ability to work and will to learn will enable one to climb higher up the ladder. I've lost out in the first part of getting a good degree and I can only make it up with my capabilities. Do I have the ability to do so ? Tell me... honestly..
No comments:
Post a Comment