Saturday, July 28, 2007

Inspirational

Its being a really busy day yesterday till now. Just got home after braving through the downpour. Woke up from a afternoon nap, replenishing the insufficient sleep that i've accumulated for the past 3 days.

Yesterday morning started off with soccer at the CAGE, an indoor soccer playing area, where we spent 2 hrs playing there. High casualty rates, with a total of 5 injuries from a gross total of 15 players. 1 in 3 got injured.. hmm.. It was really fun to play there, but the price for the pitch isn't cheap.

Went to help Karen with her bdae preparation, cutting out some letters for decorations. Looking at the results of what we've done up for the past few hours, makes it satisfying. Stayed until 6.30pm before I rushed home to get ready for night cycling from East coast to NTU.

Helped out as a mobile marshaller for their sports camp. Kinda funny as only me and kenneth are the only 2 from NUS, the rest of them were from NTU, SMU, SP.. The orginasation of the event was a bit messy honestly, and it was delayed for 2 hrs. Oh man... Begun the ride at 2am instead of 12 midnight and ended at NTU at 5.15am. Riding at a ridiculously slow speed, sometimes too slow for comfort. 11km/h on a bicycle, its slower than my 2.4km pace.. WTH... have to accomodate to the weak cyclist, some of them its only their 3rd time cycling... O_o A danger to the traffic. really fear for them. even more so dangerous for me as i'm a mobile marshaller, cycling on the outer lane beside them...

Thereafter around 6am, left NTU and went back to east coast park around 7 am, Waiting for 8.30am for the OSIM tri. Today is the mini's sprints and kids challenge. Lend my bike to ervin for him to take part in the Sprint session. waited for him till 9.15am before he arrived. and he's event starts at 10.40am.. so its a long long wait. Hang around there watching the competition, the kids challenge, the sprints, it reminded me of why I was training prior to all these. Looking at the faces of those completing it, it reminds me of the feeling of completing the race no matter how I fare in it, the most important thing being that I finish it. Its just so inspiring to see the kids 7 yrs old challenging their first tri and here I am, 21yrs old, still yet to do something that I've being talking about for quite some time. Its time to get down to training hard and achieve what I've set myself to complete. Watched Ervin challenging the race, doing the 3 legs of the competition, coming back at quite a good timing. Adrenaline rush in my blood, keeping check of the timing that he's clocking and trying hard to notice when he'll be passing by me. In the end, he finish with a 2.5km run instead of the full course 5km run due to heavy downpour. they were forced to cut short the distance.

Rushed back from there in the heavy downpour, fresh from the inspiration race that I've just watched, I chiong back with whatever energy I've left in my shagged out body. Chiongiong down in my bike on the road with water splashing all over, heavy rain hitting hard on my face and eyes staring at me. Luckily I wore the shades, effectively blocked out all the rain drops and I could have a relatively clear vision all the way back home.

First time I wore the contacts for nearly 36 hours without resting. A bit too much for my right eye to take. By the time I took out the contacts, my right eye was red shot. A bit scary actually. next time should try not to wear it for so long. its torturing to my poor small eyes.

Still rather tired even after the 7 hrs of rest in the afternoon. and there's still tuition early in the morning tomorrow. Yawnz... perhaps its time to go back to get some rest.

No comments: