Thursday, July 26, 2007

Fitness dropping.. how ?!?

Just came back from running. Decided to test out the 4km run, a distance that I've not done for a really long time. This test run coming after roughly 1.5mths of no training really worries me. It is Sloooowww... Used the new training watch that my cousin gave me and managed to get a split timing. First 2km was 9min 45s , Second 2km was 10min 35s . Total : 20min 20s. Arh... How to take part in a relay duathlon like that ? die lar...

Short distance like 4km, requires a lot of speed training and I've not done so for such a long time. Coming back from a bag packing trip, just 1 week ago, without training for a month and constant feeding on local delicacies, I've given myself a little belly load to carry around. The initial part when I started to run, I don't feel at ease, unlike my usual self where I would feel carefree and light to run. I felt uneasy just now, but had to force myself to carry on. Its been a long long time since I last felt so breathless running.

Came back to the neighbourhood and did some statics. Was utterly amazed that I could still manage 10 Chin-ups. Lolz... The last chin-up I did was the day when I ord on 7th Nov. 06, when my men ask me how many I could do.( managed 17 before I ord, peak at 24 while still in training. ) Hmm... come to think of it, it has dropped to half.. Not that bad considering I can still get gold with 10.. haha..

Fitness has dipped significantly since I had not consistently train. Signed up for AHM and SCSM. it'll be a real torture if I don't train up now. Somehow I've lost motivation to run that often. Remember that someone once told me that you will enjoy doing something that you can excel in, as it gives you that extra bit of motivation when you know you are doing well in it. It will keep you training and training, knowing that you are above average and it makes you feel good. I don't have that Ohm ! with me now, just training to maintain a certain level of fitness. Guess its time for me to find a training partner to bring me back to the level I was at before.

I've so much free time now, but the weather isn't cooperating. The sky is usually gloomy these days and it just makes it so comfortable to stay at home and Zzz...

Looking at the calendar, I've only got 1 week before the sch term starts. Not the longest period of time that I would have hoped for, but at least its coming close. The only Orientation left to attend, or rather I can attend is the Science orientation week, ( SOW ). I've signed up for it 2 months ago, but apparently, it has not been registered. Hmm... wondering if I should call up to see if I'm in it, or just heck care it, not going for it at all. Not in the mood to go for any orientation camps actually. Just some time ago a friend was telling me that must go for orientation, to know more people, if not I may have to attend lectures alone or have lunch alone. Unless I'm not afraid of being alone doing those stuffs. Guess I should be able to handle it. Will wait for Desmond to be back before checking if he's going for SOW. Attending that would effectively kill 5 days of waiting time. hmm....

No comments: