On our way there in the coach..

At the phrata place. They sell really nice phrata ( how they spell it ). Especially the banana Prata. Thumbs up.
Begun our morning shore dive at 9.30am. cos still new, we did our little trial run at the near by house reefs. Did all the 5 major skills before we did a swim ard the area. That's when trouble strike. I ran out of air.. wonderful.. at a depth of 7metres, I was absolutely out of air. 0 bar left.. read from the manual, it's almost impossible to run out of air.. and well done... I did it during my first dive.. *claps* the feeling of being breatheles is terrible. Thought that my regulator was faulty, how come so fast no air, tried the alternate regulator, and it was empty too. Looked ard, found nobody near me, cos all had descended to the seabed together with the instructor. Had to make a decision fast. Either to swim down to share air or swim up. To descent another 2m to find them is a bit taxing for my out of oxy body, so Decided to just swim up and hope overexpansion doesn't happen to me. Did an emergency ascent, and was relieved that I could surface. Phew!! what an ordeal.. Lesson learnt, ALWAYS check my SPG. Cos I use air too fast liao. even got the nickname air monster. Perhaps cos I move too much in the water le. Need to be extra careful when diving again. Air consumption rate is too high.. so little time underwater.. Sadz..
Just before our first Dive.. with our instructor and DM Yento.

In water.. Dear and Me...

Our Underwater Grp Shot.

Just before we descent at Renggis Island

The shoal of fish that swam past us..

Anyway, The reef there wasn't exactly fantastic. the quality have dropped, even from the last time I went there, it was clearer and more fishes were there. That was when I was just snorkeling k. just from the surface and I could see more. Seriously think that the weekly trips there is a little too damaging to the reefs. Well well..
Nevertheless, I guess it was an eye opener for most of them. First time see up close to many of the sea creatures. A particular nice part of it that I remb is the super up-close encounter with the sea anemone, with clown fish swimming in and out of it.. managed to gently feel the unknownging clown fish.
After our last dive.. Everybody was happy with the dives.. =) Enjoyable

Taking the Theory Test.. stress.. still got one lady who join us for the test. Irritated by her. Keep asking us for ans..

On the boat ride back

Nice Breeze..

Simply Scuba

It all ended well, and just like that 2days of diving was over. All in all, Diving was defintely a new experience, and it has equip me with skills that I can only further improve. Goind on my Maiden trip with Dear was defintely an exceptional thing. Never thought that it would happen so soon.. I'm glad we had fun out of it. Of cos, the company that I went with added much joy to it as well. Daniel and Meng always creating hilarious situations which lighten up the mood. And ya, perhaps this could be counted as part of our 10yr friendship diving trip. HAhaha...
No comments:
Post a Comment