Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Friends

Recently, things around me have been hovering around the issue of friends. Just what are friends? Who are really your friends?

Firstly, what are friends? Friends are denoted as individuals who show co-operativeness and supportiveness towards the other individual. A relationship which involves mutual knowledge and affection along with a degree of rendering service to friends in times of need or crisis. Friends will welcome each other's company and exhibit loyalty towards each other, often to the point of altruism. Their tastes will usually be similar and they will share enjoyable activities. They will also engage in mutually helping behavior, such as exchange of advice and the sharing of hardship. A friend is someone who may often demonstrate reciprocating and reflective behaviors.

How many of our so called friends fit this criteria? Or do each one of us have different ways of determining who is our friends? Most probabaly.. Everyone has their own set of values that they uphold the most, and that's one of the impt things that determine who are their buddies.

Many a times we wished our friends were there for us when things happen. Some would render their helping hands, but to what extend? It's a bit hard to find one that truly reflects altruism. So how many of them are really close friends? I do agree with " There's no need to look for true friends.. They will look for you when you need them "

Looking back at my past.. I've changed many cliques of friends.. Made many friends.. but none that are really close.. Pri-sch... Had a few good friends, but dispersed after I was the only one who went to VS. Going to VS alone was a rather sad thingy, but still managed to find new grps of friends. Sec 1 class was a little messy, only glad that I got to know Daniel, Meng and Zhipeng. CCA in sec sch is one that most ppl makes a lot of good friend, but VSCO, there were only 6 other guy, same batch as me.. doesn't click well with them.. Sec 3, got to know Kenneth. A very helpful chap.. and started to hang ard more with the SK gang of ppl. Though it's not really along the way home everyday, I still went along with them to makan n stuff.

Then went to VJ.. got into 03S12, where none of my friends were in. All classes had min 3-4 of them, but mine had one.. whom i don't really know. but there was Allen and Meiqi, my ex-pri sch mates.. like how qiao. Though a totally new environment, I'm glad I went to that class. That's where I got to know Karen, Mindy... and of cos Shufang who's in my junior class. Really nice friends I have..

And as usual, Army time, I was separated from all my friends, and I went to OCS, then Combat Engineer. Friends either didn't make it to OCS, or went to other vocation. Well, it's actually here that I forge strong bonds with Hongsheng n gang. Going to 30, made me build upon the friendship with Dan.

Moving on to Uni. Don't know of anyone going into lifesciences.. Only know of Des. Who I know that he's in VJ Odac.. well.. sort of got used to it by know.. and I couldn't be bothered to make new friends by going to orientation. Just went along with the flow, and got to know the current clique of frens. Thought that we could stick thru out the 3yrs or perhaps 4 yrs with des.. But now.. looking at the Module allocation.. I guess, it's not possible any longer..

Oh well.. Sad? Don't know.. It's been a life full of changes, and it's nothing that surprises me. Friends just come and go.. some will stay.. some will not.. Who are really the close friends to me ? Deep down my heart, I know I take a few as close fren.. Just hope they do take me as one too..

No comments: