Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Trip to CJ on bdae.

Woke up really early today.. Cos I wanted to go to Chek Jawa as a OJT. ( On Job Trainee ).To prepare myself for a possible future Check Jawa volunteer guide. 7.30am, I was already at Ubin, looking ard, hoping to see some familiar faces, but there was none. Went there alone just to explore. Well, it was not too bad.. Had a few interesting discovery.. =) pleasant surprise.

First time going down to the mud flats, and I'm straight to doing some hunting. They were actually amazed that for my first time, I could identify many of the residential species. Bleah.. Hunting was fun. I just enjoy the thrill of spotting something out of the blue.. (erm.. not exactly blue, okay.. muddy water.. lolx ) There were several groups there today. A family grp from Taiwan, who was so resourceful that they book it online. A grp of 6 from NUS, Studying the same course as me, yr 2 though. A grp from MINDS, special Sch. All comes from various background, but with an interest in knowing what the nature has.

Today's haul wasn't exactly fantastic. The few noticeable ones are the Knobby Sea stars.. ( ops.. didn't take photo ) It is endangered le, but still present in Singapore waters. The nudibranch, Which is so hard and small to spot. And the Bristle worm.

Horseshoe Crab Mating.. Quite a big one..

Sea Cucumber..

Sand Dollar.. It's everywhere lor..

Bristle worm and a flat worm entangling ard a mollusca.

Sea anemone

Pistol Shrimp.. very lucky to see it..

Sea Coconut

Flower Crab

Peacock Anemone.. Beautiful colours..

Erm.. Dont' know call what crab..

Oyster.

One Lump of Mussels

Window Panel Seashell

Sea Cucumber.

The white thing is the Moon Snail. The round thing in the middle is the sand collar, made by the moon snail with the secretion of mucus.

Sea star

Nudibranch.. The small thing in the middle. With blue tentacles.. Very Pretty.. =)Too bad I don't have macro function. Cannot take close up shots. =(

Hermit crab.. residing in a noble volute.

Pulau Ubin's Local Ixora.

Don't know what name..


It's kinda sad to see all the little creatures slowly disappearing. Honestly, I think the frequent walk to Chek Jawa is damaging to the animals there. Many of them are so not carfeul when walking around. But to Singapore, a land with no educational purpose is hard to be preserved. Some use must come out of the land. No choice then..

Oh ya.. I'm 21yr and 12mths old le.. Thanks to all that remembered my bdae and sent me bdae greetings. Really nice to receive the bdae wishes.. =)

Had a simple dinner with my family at Swensens just now. nothing much.. Just a simple family dinner..

Lamb Chop

Fish & Chips

Rodeo Wings

Cheese Sticks

Black pepper seafood pasta

And yes.. my small little ice-cream (Fire House) that represents my bdae cake.. =)

No comments: