Some selected photos taken today. Here it goes..
Jama Masjid .. ( The biggest Mosque in India. )
Outside Lal Qila. ( Red fort )
Delicious Lunch at one of the Recommended Restaurant.. yes.. Butter Chicken.. Would say its the best dish I've had in India so far... erm.. ya.. paid the most too.. the butter Roti n butter chicken is S$10 in total..
One of the tomb beside Hamayun's Tomb.
The entrance to Hamayun's Tomb..
Hamayun's Tomb
India Gate..
That sums up what I've seen for Day 2 in Delhi. And I'll call it quits. So many tombs and mosque in the same place can be a bit overkill. And to think I'm heading to Agra tomorrow morning to see Taj Mahal, ( another Tomb ). Well.. India isn't complete without seeing Taj. So hope it'll be worth my visit here.
Things are going on much smoother than yesterday.. perhaps I'm turning ignorant to everyone on the streets. Surviving here is much more expensive than I've thought and planned. Staying in Local budget Hotel sets me at Rs 300-450 (S$ 12-18). but the transport is killing me.. Paying from place to place is no joke. Especially when the auto driver simply refuses to use the meter when he sees a yellow skin man walking around. Thus, I resolved it using my trust worthy pair of legs. Covering the Old Delhi and new Delhi on foot, I think I covered around 3hrs of walking, erm.. around 12km ? Not that I can't bear to part with the money to the auto driver, but I want to see more of how the locals live and what they shop and eat.. Its very different from those tourist vested places. And of cos, there's no touts along the way. Good way to burn the fats that I accumulated from the afternoon delicious Butter Chicken too.. hehe.. Entrance fees to each of the different sites cost Rs 200 - 300. and to bring in Camera, its another Rs 200. Day like robbery.. what to do .. when we are tourist.. locals are paying Rs 10. Zzz..
Will be heading to Agra early in the morning 6am. and its colder there. Just checked the forecast for the next 2 days, -1 to 9 degrees. *shivers * My newly bought Levi's jacket better come in handy..
*That aside, I'm utterly disappointed with my results.. Just don't bother asking me about it.. I'll not say a single thing regarding that. Just that when I almost fell off the Hamayun's tomb when I tripped on a rock, I thought it was a blessing. ( that shows how bad it was... ).
No comments:
Post a Comment