Thursday, December 27, 2007

Thrilling day

Well well.. What an exciting day it was... Started off waking up late .. and I almost missed the train to Agra. Super lucky that my Sis SMS me at the correct time, 6am, and I sprung out of bed, only to realise that I've got 15mins to catch the Train. Can't imagine myself spending another day in the Complicated, disgusting, touts invested Delhi.. Yikes..


Luckily I have more or less packed my stuff the night before, So Just had to dumped it in, and lug it down, Chiong onto to Auto, and sprint off to the New Delhi train station, 1km down the road.. By all luck, it was at the first berth, the FIRST train that I saw, and looking at the clock , 6.13am, I heaved a sigh of relieve.. It departed the station at 6.16am. like Hao heng can I get.. Phew... Morning adrenaline rush... ( the first time i would have hope that India rubber time would be used here... )

On the train, Sleepy eyes, barely woke up yet...


Reach Agra at 8.25am, 2hrs train ride.. Super on time.. In the background is the Akbar's tomb, Son of Humayun..


Taj below my legs... Phee

Random Horse Carriage along the roads.. there's camels walking beside me now actually..
The magnificent Taj Mahal...
Taj is truly magnificent and splendid. My Jaws dropped the moment I walked past the gate. Its really Stunning and beautiful.. A monument fully build of White marble, a remarkable piece of artwork.. you have to see it for yourself to believe just how nice it is.. to me its worth every penny that I paid for (S$28. ). I actually stunned there, and stay rooted to the ground for 10 mins, before I moved closer to the Taj.
A closer view of Taj.. the whole site is freaking big..
Notice the big blue sky behind Taj ? The whole Taj was built on elevated marble. Thus making it 3m higher than everything else, and exceptionally beautiful.. * claps claps* to the architect in the 1600s.
The gate that separated Taj and the garden..

Another view... by Sunset..

There's much more to what I've seen. But seriously, Taj overshadowed everything else that I saw... The rest shall be in my memory card.. haha.. Plus the uploading speed here is horrible.. I took an hour to upload those above.. zzz..
Leaving Agra tomorrow evening for Jaipur.. to complete the golden triangle in the Northern part of India. This will complete the story and the battles that were fought back in the 1400-1700 A.D... visited most of the forts that has been standing in India.
Still thinking whether to make a trip to Udaipur.. a further 500km from Jaipur.. its a 14hrs bus ride.. Sianz.. but its a so called fairy tale city... hmm...

No comments: