Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Was walking past the bus terminal just now, and i realise how fortunate I am to live so near the MRT station. No need to take feeder bus home. The queue is just horrible, and it's so jam with people squeezing here and there, even worst when you are squeezing with those sweaty people who has BO. My house is at a good location. Happy.. Don't want to move..

Then as I was walking back, going past the MRT station, saw this lady who always bring her daughter along while selling tissue paper. I used to frequent her quite often, just because I wanted to help them.. see the little girl so ke lian.. so young.. still need to follow her mum whole day.. Usually I come home around 11 plus, I still see them around. Imagine the little girl still has to attend morning lessons tomorrow, how is she going to finish her work ? Thinking that if her mum collects enough $$ for the day, she may call it a day and go back rest. BUT, just now I was thinking, this is actually a bad idea. Cos it's setting a bad example for her kid that she can don't study, but just go on streets to sell tissue paper, and people will give them the money le. Easy way out, rather than studying so hard, to get a job. This shouldn't be the way out of poverty for her. It's a vicious cycle, which I believe is usually caused by the environment you are in. She should stop bringing her little daughter out, and give her the wrong impression, give her proper education, so that in the future, she'll be able to do much more for her..

Think far. not easy..

There are just so many things that we are fortunate in, but we don't realise it. Take some time off from what you are doing and look around. You will realise there are so much more things available to us. And we are FORtUnate in our own rights. Comparison will never end if we do so. Be happy.. Smilez.. =)

No comments: