Thursday, May 22, 2008

Final day of Relief

Final day of Relief teaching.. And I flared up at the last class of the day.. Entering one of the worst class in the sec 2 level, they just refuse to do work or listen to instructions. Giving instructions is useless for some, and only when you shout at them, will they listen.. Testing my limits is a bad choice.. cos If you know me, esp in army, the more you test me, the more i'll be resilient to it, and make sure you will call it quit before me..

Just a mere 3 days of exposure to a school life as a teacher, I've learnt so much.. I've definitely gained much more than I would have expected in the first place. Initially thought that I would just be doing relief, just getting a taste about how it feels to be facing a class. But there's so much more to that.. one thing, I know that I'm comfortable with the classes, perhaps cos I'm familiar and confident on the topics I'm teaching.. Though no prior prepartion, I was still able to teach on the spot.. It helps that I'm teaching subjects related to what I'm reading in Uni at the moment. Teachers in schools hang out in cliques, and defend for themselves.. More than they do for the students.. it's the sad truth.. The comments they make for the students, reflects how much they care.. and how much hope they have for the students. especially for the lower end classes. They practically can't be bothered about it. As daniel has said, Education is moulding the future.. how to mould when you have such teachers around? Gossips flying around, Nasty ones.. And so much politics involved. Agree.. Everywhere you go, there'll be this issue that always bothering you.. but i guess, in sch, it's a little bit worst, with the hierachy system breathing down your neck at the same time..

Being a bit used to calling teachers by Sir or Mdm, it's a little odd to hear ppl calling, cher , cher.. yes, it's short form that most ppl use. but I just don't like it.. And something more interesting, I was teaching in a class, with a student with the same name as ME.. ZHIYUAN. SO i keep hearing my name being mentioned while there. couple of times, I heard " hey.. Zhiyuan .. what you want.. " " Zhiyuan, don't be like that lar.. " okay lar.. got use to it after a while.. Thank goodness they didn't know my name.. only know via Mr Lim..

Anyway, the short 3 day stint with JYSS was a fruitful one.. I think I'll be known as one of the more fierce teacher they have ever encountered. doubt I'll want to go back there again. Really want to thank my sis so much for all the help rendered to me. If not for her, I would not be able to get this relief job within such a short time, and seriously, if not because she's there, I dont' think I would try out relief teachign in the first place... not forgetting some of the lessons she help me cover cos she feels it'll be harder for me to handle.. Really appreciate alot sis.. Feels so lucky that I've got a sis who's always lending me a helping hand.. Thanks Sis.. =)

Oh ya.. took a photo of this machine.. The OTAS machine.. When I was a student, keep hearing the teachers complaining abt the problematic machine.. and i finally experience it myself.. It's really a chore.. though it's really much faster IF there isn't any screw ups. Finally, after years.. I get to see this how this machine looks like..


okay, side track.. ate this Hawaiian pork chop at Cafe Cartel with sis just now.. Not bad.. meat was rather soft.. Just give ourselves a small little treat for the few days of hectic work in sch..

No comments: