Saturday, May 17, 2008

Singapore Open ( Teams )

Went to play Singapore Opens today.. Partnered Gz. Played with him a few times already, so quite comfortable with it.. Just that I still mis-read some of his bids.. Sad.. I should focus more and pay more attention to the conventions. Played 50 boards from 2.30pm till 10.30pm. mentally draining, tomorrow still got a full day. Well, went for this with the thought of just gaining experience and exposure., not expecting much out of it. Will see what I can learn from it.. =)

Will be doing relief teaching next week at Junyuan sec, Sec 4 Bio and lower sec Science. First time going to face a classroom condition. A little nervous though. From the scary stories that my sis had told me, I don't really know what to expect. Would they try to eat me up, seeing me a young new chap taking their class. Don't even know the syllabus well at the moment, need to think on the spot about how to ans those cheeky kids. Just hope they don't put me in a difficult position.

Suddenly my whole hols is full of teaching. Relief teaching, one more tuition kid in East Coast area and adding on to my current 2. Plus a possibility of a Pri 6 cousin. I've like 4 tuitions. Madness. To think that I used to hate teaching so much that I didn't even want to take up any tuition, to the current state. It's just amazing.. how time has transformed me.. Teaching pays well, and it frees up more of my time though. looking at the current state, I don't need to find a part time job le. I'll have enough Tution to keep me busy.

dear, went to collect our rings today from Ps. And it looks really nice.. =) Whee!! The effects of it came out better than I've expected.


No comments: