Wednesday, May 21, 2008

First day of Relief teaching

First day in School doing relief.. Better than expected.. Totally no classroom phobia, surprisingly. Thought I would hesistate speaking to them, or have problem conversing..

Honestly, first time experiencing what a neighbourhood school environment would be like. The students are much less motivated, more rowdy, less respect for teachers, and some don't give a damn about you. Coming from a slightly better sch, the min amnt of discipline is a different level, non-comparable. Had heard about many stories regarding discipline problems, but now, first hand experience with it. It reaffirms my belief that I'm not really cut out for teaching in schools. Well, not totally ruling that out, will leave a possible way for myself.

Went to the school, jolly well fending for myself, NO help from the HOD, any other staffs. Just supposed to take over Kenneth Chiow, all his classes, don't know what to do, what is expected of me, or what's there to be done, how is the normal situation in the school like.. ABSOLUTELY nothing.. Thank goodness got help from the bio head there.. which not coincidentally is my beloved sis.. who helped me get into the school.. Really need to thank her so much for guiding me today, helping me with all the preparations, and covering up some of my duties.. It's really not easy to be a teacher.. especially a Normal(A)or Normal(T) teacher. The students are generally not bothered abt work. Failing is a norm. and they are like being forced to come school. So motivational/inspiriations talk to them is rubbish.

Some students commented I look alike Ms Lin, ( my sis ) but my surname is Lim. so managed to conceal out identity/relationships.. haha.. That will not be known in school.

And a side comment from one of the class is " wa laoz.. why got relief teacher so fierce one.. " Yes, I stick by my own set of rules and I'll be firm when I need to.. Scolding and shouting at them, I think it's just normal.. Some of them even gave me attitude.. Seriously, if they are in army now.. and under me.. I'll make sure I whack them till jialat jialat.. Give me the basic respect and I'll give you back.. That's a very simple thing that many ppl can't do...

No comments: