Sunday, September 2, 2007

NUS-NTU Bridge Challenge

Took part in the NUS-NTU bridge competition this morning. Represented the NUS team in the Junior Team. The format is 4 in a team, and there's 2 teams from each Uni. One senior team and one junior team each, playing against each other.. Started at 9am in the morning at NTU, playing a total of 4 rds, each lasting abt 2 hrs each... So a total of 8 hrs of gruesome mind training. Though we were allowed to swap with the reserves, but my partner, who is the Chair-person, choose to play all 4 rds.. So... ya... have to play on.. not that I mind playing , but thought there could be equal chances for my other team mates to play too.

We started off badly, falling behind by 37imps in the first round, second round, lost another 3 imps... worsening the condition. But in our 3rd round, we manage to crawl back 37 imps, so we were just 3 imps behind by the end of the 3rd roud. Rather happy that we put in a good performance for that... Then came the last round. Rd 4, don't know what happened, we got beaten flat in that round, throwing away all the hardwork we have done. In the end. we lost because of that last round.. so disappointing. but it was a good learning experience. Though I had my unhappy moments with my partner... Partially because I'm still not use to the bidding that he's using...

Don't know why, but my brain just don't seem to be able to digest all the information that he has been throwing at me... and When I compare myself with those better bridge players, I know there's a huge gap to be filled... Perhaps I'm not cut out for contract bridge. Feel like quiting it le.. Knowing that I can improve more if I carry on playing it, but that will take alot of time, and I'm not sure if I will be willing to do so.Spending so much time in it, is it really worth it ? To make things more difficult, I've no confidence that I can do well. If there's a high chance that I will succeed, definitely it'll be worth a try. Haiz.. Don't know what choice to make... perhaps taking it as a recreation, can be an option, but I don't think I'll be happy with just that.. I enjoy playing bridge yes.. But who plays something without the intention to get better ? together with my competitive nature.. I'll definitely strive for the best if I can.

Recently, I've been facing with dilemna. I don't know what I really want to achieve in Uni, other than getting honours. Is that all that I want? Life's being quite a bore for me.. Many ppl have asked me, how come my weekends are so free.. e.g. of FAQ , " Today is saturday, how come at home ? " " Today weekend leh.. so free arh? never go out ? " Its not a matter of whether I'm free.. Its just that nobody ask me out.. and I didn't bother asking anybody to go out.. Cos there's nothing in mind for me to do.. The only thing that I've been doing for the past 2 weekends , is that I'm in VJC studying. So by right, that's going out... but by left, that's just studying. lolx.. Watever...

Maybe I should get myself a gf, to kill some time. though I don't have much time for it actually.. haha.. contradicting. I'm not making any sense as of now... Slept for 3 hrs last night... and today, can only sleep for 6, cos there's Lecture at 8am. Zzz.. Speaking of a zombie... combining my drained brain, I make a really good half-dead.. or is a zombie an undead? hmm... no idea.. Blah... I should get to sleep soon.. killing more of my little brain cells that's left, struggling to keep my body going.. Long live the ..... uhm.... " forever strong brain cells "

No comments: