Friday, September 21, 2007

Wake up call

Got a real shock when I did my stats mid term test this morning. There's so much of the paper that I'm not sure, and upon checking with my friends, realise that I got quite a lot wrong. Partly cos I didn't sleep well last night, secondly and most importantly, I didn't prepare for it at all. Took it for granted that the tutorials are too easy, never went to study for it. Instead of testing on the application of the formulas, the focus was on reasoning. Which means dead if you didn't revise. Quite sure that I'll fail this paper and it'll be my first ever math related paper that I flop so badly. to make things worst, its 25% of the overall marks. Need to score nearly full marks for the next 75% to pull myself out of the deep pit that I'm in now.

Immediately after the CA, went for Chem lect. And got my CA result. Totally disappointing. But I know where I went wrong. It wasn't a difficult paper, but just didn't answer correctly to some parts of it. Did rather badly for this, around the 60% percentile. Guess this should rate a B or B- grade or perhaps a C + ? This is really bad.... though its 10% of the overall marks.

This is a double shock. Atrocious results for the first few CAs. And I've calculus and Biodiversity CA immediately after the recess week. Can I study in time to prepare for it ? I guess its not a matter of choice. I MUZ finish in time. Haiz... Things isn't looking good at the moment. and the grades are far from satisfactory.

Came back this afternoon, and without second thoughts, I know I must change the way I'm doing now. I'm putting a FULL STOP. to my online gaming, aka, DOTA, COH. Those are addictive. No more of that until the end of year when my exams are over. Trade off for bridge, pool and studies. If I still can't manage to pull myself up, bridge and pool will go next. There's simply no other choice. No life as it can be, but there's no 2 ways about doing it. Just too bad that I'm not that smart as some people who can handle all together, having the best of everything. The sad truth is facing me.. And I've got to live through it.

No comments: