Friday, September 7, 2007

Pool training

Went for my first ever Pool training yesterday evening at Pool Fusion 3, Bugis. I've never being through any proper training nor coaching in Pool and to have a coach tiving some tips and guidance is just so different. The coach was Ricky Chew, among singapore's Top 10 players.

The lesson was focusing on basics, which is what I need, cos I think that my basics are really weak. No foundations at all, just getting use to the style that I prefer for myself, but that means no consistency, which is very much needed in playing pool. He gave some tips on how to maintain a good posture and how to maintain good cue-ing. Took a bit of time to get use to it... and could see the difference in the stability of my strokes. Would take more time to in build into my playing.. hopefully it'll be effective in the future.

One bad thing about the session was that the Coach to Students ratio is ridiculously big. 1 coach to 22 students. with a session spanning over 2 hrs, its quite impossible to have much 1 to 1 guidance, even having a min is considered lucky. Though its the basics that he can impart to us, the rest is up to ourselves to improve and have our style. Out of the so many players, I've got a feeling that there would be quite a few of them that would drop out eventually. That would be good news for me, cos that means lesser ppl to fight for the table time and time from the coach. Though that may mean a higher training fees per month. Hmm... a trade off I guess.

Finally submitted my first Lab Report. Its really quite a chore to do it. the long hours spent in doing and editing it.. To think that I'm in Life Sciences, means the next 3 yrs would be filled with that.. ROFL. What have I gotten myself into.. Still got a chem CA next week, and a Chem lab report to hand in my tues. Need to balance up the time to finish the report and at the same time, study for the test.. Feel so time tight.. how I wish I have 30 hrs a day. So that the extra 6 hrs, 4 could be spend on studying, 2 for sleeping... I'm seriously lack of sleep for the past 2 weeks. Fatigue is building up, and I'm starting to have problem waking up on time to go for lessons. Yawnz...

No comments: