feeling awkward now.. its just funny that I find myself in the current situation.. what am I refering to? The life in NUS. Been a very low profile student, pursuing something that I've interest in, and not to be distracted by the rest of the things, I've totally given up on any leadership possibilities. Shy-ing away from all, just to give myself a bit more breathing space, and the occasion excuse that I can just MIA. Definitely, I won't have done so if I'm in the comm.
However, like what Daniel was telling me, "normally we're the ones at the forefront of the leadership pool, it'd definitely feel weird when others run for it and we don't". Being holding on to leadship position since young, its just funny to take a break now.. Guess we're all tired from the relentless process of responsibilities.. I do feel lousy and irresponsible at times when I realise that some people don't trust that I can get things done, or with the perception that I may pangseh them. Have I been portraying a slack image of myself?
Daniel also asked me, do I need to be in the comm to be a leader? Well, I don't think so. But I know I've changed quite a bit in that sense. Not that enthu in that area anymore, feels like I'm more of a follower than before. Don't really like this change of mine..
2 comments:
the zhiyuan i know is strong and a decisive person. out of the 3 tigers, u'r the one that shines out of us (don't yaya though =x) , i din know tt u'll experience this kind of feeling, but always rmb that having a strong faith in urself. u don have to be a leader if u don wan to. like myself i oso don like to lead though im a tiger :) put tis in ur mind "I live my life, not others". they can comment what they want, but most importantly is, what you want to be. it's like, can u force a cow to eat grass? definitely not. hope i helped u cousin. lots of love. =)
yong.. Thanks a lot for the encouragement.. Really appreciate it. Yeah, I understand your pt of view, but there'll always be ups and downs in life. It's how I pick myself up from now on.. Need to be strong and pull thru and lead my own life.. =)
Post a Comment