Monday, March 31, 2008

Attended the LAST lab session of SEM2, That concludes my lab life for the Yr1 in NUS. so many lab session.. though some are fun and enjoyable, but the aftermath of it isn't exactly very nice, cos need to do lab report... anyway, it's all over. just one last one to write and that's that.

Went swimming today, cos lab ended like 1.5hrs before time. went to Tampines swimming complex to take a dip. Last swim was like last yr Aug. erm.. 7-8mths ago. stiff bones and muscles. Nonetheless, still managed to squeeze out 20laps to condition myself. Will slowly increase the no. of laps.. I really enjoy swimming in the past. Just that since Uni started, there isn't much time to do so.. =(
But the pool today is a bit stinko. need to soak myself in showerfoam to get rid of the smell. Yikes!

Starhub called me to tell me that my reserved G600 is in le. The last batch of stock is in, and up for collection. After so long, my pasion and urge to buy the phone has actually died down. Wondering how come I want to change a phone, when the current one is still working fine, plus splurge out $168 for it. Nowadays, tuition is so inconsistent, makes my income unstable too. really makes me think twice-thrice before spending. already eating in the savings for the past 3 months. pain ah pain.. Hmm.. shall give myself a few more days to decide whether to chong yi chong zi ji..

Had a talk with my sis, so much things to talk to her about. and now she's making a big decision of her life.. Thinking about changing job. she just wants to try out other jobs before deciding which one really suits her best.. but it's a major decision to make, cos it means a pay cut, plus entering a totally new working environment. It's scary... and it's this step, to walk out of the comfort zone, that's holding back so many ppl. most ppl dare not do it, and they live a life with regrets, not knowing and experiencing abt other things. Talking to Sis about her career really makes me think hard on what are my future job prospects... Cos her degree is Bachelor of LIfe sciences as well. the path that she takes somehow will be similiar to mine in the future. With her understanding of me, She has warned me that I won't excel in research, and I would surely do better in areas where decisions, leadership, initiaves are needed. With my drive and optimism, it's better to be in other fields other than research, where I'll only be in the lab, facing tiny little things that can't talk to me.. Is there really what I want ? I seriously don't know about this.. But one thing for sure is that I'm already in the course, I'm just going to try out to see if it's really my cup of tea..

No comments: