Went to UHWC this afternoon, and after 100mins of waiting, finally got to see the doc. upon asking for the cause of the swelling, its due to the cyst present, and it getting infected. That's y its causing such a big swell. She said, looking at the situation, there's no other way, but to cut open it to extract out the pus.. And so she did. Without much preparation, I lied on the bed, staring blankly at the ceiling, heart beating as if I've just completed a 100m race. It was really nervous at that point of time, wondering what would be happening. how is the Doc going to cut it open ? got anaesthetic a not? The adrenaline rush was top class.
Then after leaving me for 20mins, the doc finally came in, and asked " so are u ready ? " wa kaoz.. leave me to wander so much liao, then come and ask this. just do it without letting me think is better ma. Local Anaesthetic was supposedly injected, supposedly, cos it apparently didn't work. I could still feel the scarpel cutting my skin, and the pain of it was immerse !!! Doc was squeezing out the swollen area as if I've got no feeling, and she even push a tool in to dig out the rest of it.. ARz.. all this while, there was nothign for me to hold, except my own hand, and I held on to it as tight as I could. Seriously, it's one of the most painful thing I've experienced so far. My face turned pale after awhile, and the nurse gave me blanket to hold instead. After fighting against my own pain threshold for a few minutes, the ordeal was over.
Well, not quite, cos I still need to go for checkup to see if its healing, and hopefully ( crossing my finger ) that it will not recur. Can't imagine they going through the process again if they discover pus is still forming.. *faintz*
The swollen ear lob.

After the minor surgery.

Those that know me, will know that my threshold for pain is rather high.. so when I say its pain.. It's REalLY pain.
No comments:
Post a Comment