Sunday, May 20, 2007

Busy weekend

It had been a very very busy weekend. It started off on a sat morning leisure cycling with my Sec sch buddy Kenneth and Yiyeung to Bedok for breakfast and cycling around the neighbourhood. Its been months since I've last seen Kenneth and he's still the same as before, nice to chat with. yi yeung has more or less become my frequent cycling buddy, and its training him up to cycle faster and better. The Morning ride was a warm up for my muscles for Sunday's duathlon bike leg.
After that I went home to rest and wait for the next thing that's coming up - Mindy's Birthday party at East coast. Went there later then expected due to some delay in borrowing my aunt's car and getting the necessary things. The sky looks really bad, with the rain clouds hovering above our heads since 7pm, but amazingly, there wasn't any rain less a few droplets of water. The sky had been very nice to Mindy, not spoiling the fun atmosphere that had been built up. The bbq was rather ok, BUT it was really tortuing for me, as I could not eat the bbq stuff. Could only take the sausages and corn, as the rest of it was too oily. Have been controlling my diet for the past week for the duathlon. Can't let 1 weeks' effort just go to waste. Was actually a very funny feeling to be at a bbq, but not eating much. Ended up eating a few slices of white bread for the essential carbo that I need for the next day. Mindy's mum got for her a very nice cake, in the shape of the key. A typical girls' cake, pink colour, with a barbie princess mounded on it. Rather special indeed. Could see the effort that her mum has put in to organise the event for her. Sadly, I had to leave early, because there's another birthday party to attend. Edrie's Birthday party.
Photo with Mindy, the pretty lady of the night, ( she had a butterfly wings on her back the whole night. !! quite cute though.. haha.. )
After leaving East coast, sent gopal, yiyeung, kristy and Jermayne out to the MRT station, that actually delayed me and I was late in meeting the Sengkang soccer gang to celebrate Edrei's birthday. Was unable to join them for the steam boat before that, but still joined them to watch Man U against Chelsea in the FA CUP final at Lau Pa Sat. Initial plan was to go to some pub to watch it, but since I was late, there wasn't much of a choice but to find the nearest possible place to enjoy the match. But it didnt' end up well with Drogba scoring in the 118th min. They don't deserve to win it actually. Considering that giggs had actually "push " petr Cech past the goal line. It should have been a Man U victory. but its ok. We've gotten the Premier League. Sometimes must give others a chance. In the end, went back around 1.30am.
Sunday ----
Woke up late today, due to the insufficient sleep, er... 2am - 5.30am? Only woke up when Ervin called me. Had a fright and luckily before I slept, I've prepared everything. So just grabbed everything and rushed to the place. Had a bit of problem trying to put the bike into the car. Had to take out the wheel before I could fit the bike in. Then had to rush down to marine boulevard, the starting place. It was really difficult to find parking lots in shenton way area, considering that was my first time driving there, and so many roads closed. I circled the whole area for about 20 mins before I found one carpark. But it was like 1km away from the start point. Met up with Ervin and Ashley at the tentages shortly after. Joined them for the corporate challenge in the duathlon 2007. Though I wasn't in their company, Brewerkz, but I still represented them for it, just for the sake of fun. Anyway, Its free for me.. lolx.
The race was really exciting, especially it was a relay. With the team mates cheering each other on, and the need to perform, so as not to disappoint the team. I just simply love the adrenaline rush from it. The timing for our race was still ok, with Ervin clocking 57 min for his 10km run, I clocked 1hr 27 min for the 40km bike ride, and Ashley clocking 33 min for her 5km run. Ervin was rusty, and had been training how to drink beer instead of run, causing the drop in timing. He came back as the 2nd runner from his company, 10 mins slower than the first guy. My bike leg was rather good actually. Set a personal target to finish under 1hr 30min and i did it. Was rather happy with it. With an average speed of 27.6km/h for the whole course. Considering the no. of turns that we've the make, the speed was ok. The most satisfying thing was to zoom past all the roadies along the way. It just feels so Shiok to go faster than those road bikes when I'm on a Hybrid. Haha... I love the stunned face of the cyclist when I went past them :p . Almost couldnt' complete it due to a cramp on the right calf, during the fourth lap, when I was 3km away from the end pt. Had to stop by the side to do some stretching before struggling to complete it. By the end of the bike leg, I've given the team a comfortable 10+ min buffer time ahead of the second team. Was rather confident that Ashley would do the job for us, by just running her average time of 30 min for 5km. And So she did, coming back in 33min or so. But she came back complaining about the damn bloody hot weather, cursing and swearing. Quite a funny girl I would say. Though couldn't believe that she was 23. haha... It was really fun to take part in the event, and must thanks Ervin for asking me along. Got to know a few new friend, especially, Ashley, a nice girl, who I may look to when there's any other sporting event. Would be nice to see her again.
Our Duathlon Team Photo. ( After the Race, still looking fresh )


Came back around 2pm and had my lunch at 3pm, gobbling down 500ml of 100 plus, and 1 litre of soyabean. Had to replenish my loss of water. Thereafter, Knocked out at 4pm, was just too tired from it and only managed to wake up at 8pm. Before I decided to write all these down, in case I forget about it.
It was a busy, tiring, but fufilling weekend for me, and hope that my future weekends would be as fun as this. REAlly Enjoyed myself even though I'm still feeling the fatigue.
Cheers.

No comments: