Was browsing through the list of songs available and I came across the " Nu Zhi Shi Er Yue Fang" and decided to listen to a few of their songs. The pieces that they play are generally re-mix by them from the typical chinese orchestra songs to the classical jazz type. The piece that I attached is titled the Five beats. " Wu Pai" . It has a unique rhythm which I like.
Don't know why, but I seem to have found back my old flame in Chinese music. Think I've liked the music since I was quite young, but didn't want to carry on during JC times was because I didn't really like the fact that the majority of them were from DHS. Really miss the music now and listening to the pieces being played, reminds me of my Sec sch days when I was leading the CO for the performance. It was a memorable and unforgettable feeling. Months of hardwork and effort being put into the preparartion and see everything finishing off nicely was the best gift that I could ask for before I step down as the chairperson. Still remember that after the performance, I officially handed over to the next batch and tears flowed down my cheek. One of the rare times that I cried in public.
Those were the days when I was totally committed to playing music, and was wondering how would I be like if I've chosen to stay in CO. I'd have chosen TJC instead of VJC. And everything would have been so much different. The friends I made, the CCA I chose, the teachers I have, my results, etc. All the Perhaps and if. Could only think about it as its all in the past. Tried to take up the Erhu and play, realise that I don't have the feel anymore. All gone after 5 yrs of leaving it untouched. If only I had the financial ability, I would like to take it up once more and learn the instrument... Honestly, I've wanted to learn Violin for a long time. Just that its very costly. So it never came true. And now, getting a bit too old to start picking up such things. Can only admire the beautiful pieces that people play and dream that I was in their position.
Many things can't be changed and have to accept the facts of life. To be optimistic is the best way to ensure that no matter what happens, I will still be able to make the best out of it.
Everybody only Live once. Do What you want cos you don't have a second life to try it.
No comments:
Post a Comment