Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Speeding

Just came back from my cycling and felt really good. The usual cramp on my right calf did not happen, and I was feeling good, charging down the clear Coastal road at 31-32km/h. By the time I hit the U-turn point, my energy was actually drained quite abit. Had to slow down a bit. But On came Serena and I drafted behind at 33-35km/h. Really thank her for allowing me to do so. That's the difference between a road bike and a hybrid, Its just not possible to match the performance. Its looking great for the upcoming duathlon this weekend. If I could match today's performance, that would be best. Would be teaming up with Ervin and his friend in the team relay. I'm taking the 40km bike leg. Hopefully can finish it under 1 hr 20 min.

Talking about speed, was calculating the speed and time everytime I drive down from Tampines to Clementi for tuition. Realised that it wasn't worth it to speed that little bit.
Reason being
1. Difference in time when driving down a 35km road at 90 km/h. - 23.33 min
100 km/h - 21.00 min
110 km/h - 19.10 min
180 km/h - 11.67 min

Singapore roads are so SHORT. Speeding at 110km/h merely saves 4mins.

2. Increases chance of getting into accident, cause longer reaction time and breaking distance.

3. Chance of getting demerit points and fines.

Not really worth it to get into trouble or event accident just to save 4 mins. Hmm... should treasure life more and stay within the speed limit. Unless I'm going at 180km/h, then perhaps that makes a difference.. haha....

No comments: