Wednesday, May 2, 2007

East Coast blading

On monday, went to Charlie's Coy retreat and was greeted by the warm welcome of my ex- specs and man. It was such a nice feeling to see them. If not for Eugene, I don't think I would have gone there, cos its rather rush for me, considering I only finish my tuition at 9.15pm that night. Nonetheless I went down and had quite a good 2 hr chatting with them.

Yesterday afternoon was full or surprises. At around noon time, told my sis that I'm meeting fren to go blading, and she suddenly said she wanted to come along too. Though I don't mind, but was thinking whether fang would be ok with it. In the end, just went ahead with it and had lunch with sis, her bf and fang, went katong to eat some famous chicken rice. Quite nice but rather costly. Just when we were about to head to east coast to blade/cycle. It started drizzling. Oh man... I had wanted to sweat it out so much and the weather is playing on me. My sis suggested to have a chill out session at the near by settler's cafe playing board game for the afternoon instead, but both me and her bf were rather reluctant. I insisted going down to east coast and try our luck. Luckily I made the right choice to go, as the weather was so fine by the coast. Cool breeze blowing gently at our face, and the sun being overshadowed by the clouds hanging above us. Could barely feel the radiation coming from the sun. Me and fang went off blading while my sis and her bf went cycling. It has been quite a long time since I last enjoyed a blading session. This path as compared with the route I usually take from my house to pasir ris park is SOooo much nicer. no need to stop at all the traffic lights, cos there's none. But the negative thing is that there's a lot of ppl near the mac area. Almost fell a few times due to the kids running around in the own dwarf world, didn't realise that there are people around them. Don't know what their parents are doing either, should have at least held on to them, in case their child get rammed by a careless cyclist and let them regret for their action.

All in all, it was an enjoyable 2+ hours of blading on a cooling labour day. It just felt so much like a weekend. How I wish there are more such days present. =) Escape from the normal routine days where i spend 9.5 hrs working in the office and another 2 hrs teaching tuition.

Photo taken in the car park, waiting for my sis to return.

No comments: