Tues was a freaking day for me. Cos the contacts went missing inside my eye, after i rub my eyes. Forgotten that I was wearing contacts, and I did the usual thing of rubbing the eye when it feels irritated. Wala... The contacts went off position and couldn't be found no matter how hard I try. After struggling for 2 hrs trying to get it back into position, with constant blinking and doing work at the same time, I gave up and headed to the optician. Initially the optician couldn't find it too. I was in a shocked, and was thinking what must I do next. Nearest hospital, eye specialist, NUH? Then he suddenly called out.." wait wait.. I think I saw it... look lower,... Arh... its there... so high up above your pupil. " It was about 1cm ++ above the pupil. No wonder couldn't find it at all when I was trying to search it myself. Above some delay and trying, he guide my finger to slowly pull it back into position. Kinda freaky feeling. Really Thank the nice optician who was really nice and gentle in the whole process, helping out of goodwill.
Thereafter met leonard to go Yusof Ishak to pay for the accomodation registration fees. Don't get it why they can't make e-payment for it when we are already doing that for Uni registration fees. Had to take half day to make the trip there. And as usual, Mr Choo was late. After settling the fees, we headed down to VIVO, and had SAKAE, Tea time buffet. Enjoyed the afternoon chatting and relaxing there, with the place well lit by the natural lighting coming from the sun. Though the variety was quite sucky. Had to constant make orders, cos the plates that they were serving on the belt was ALL the same, keep cirulating around the same common types. Think the waiter & waitress wouldn't be very happy to have me and leonard as their customer, cos we keep making 2 or 3 order only each time. Hmm.. should have at least make 7 orders, lost count le.
Photo taken on the Mrt Back.
Took my bike for servicing, as the feeling of the bike after I took my bike back from my cousin, was funny. The shifting of the gear was off, brake pad was not aligned, etc. The temptation as a cycling enthu-ist, is that every servicing you will add something or upgrade some parts. And I did so by more or less fully convert my mountain bike into a hybrid bike. Changed quite a few parts, Tyres from 1.75" to 1.25" slicks, shifters, brake levers, Front Derailleurs, rear Derailleurs, Chain, Hub, added a bar end. Cost me quite a bit. Would say it was on impulse. $335.35 to be exact. Bought my bike at $320 2 yrs ago, and all the upgrade I've put in, cost more than the initial bike. The only part left to change is the Crank set.. Will do so next time when I've save up a bit more. haha... Immediately met up with my usual cycling kakis to go Changi Coastal to try out the new set up. It was definitely a much smoother ride, with lesser rolling resistance and smoother gear changing. But not really use to the gear ratio, unable to make full use of it and the much thinner 1.25" took me a bit of time to get use to it. A little movement caused the wheel to move a lot, due to the small contact point. Had to be very careful not to fall again. The overall performance of the bike improved, easily hitting 28km/h. With a little push, I was able to maintain it at 31-32km/h. Considering that's the first ride after 2 weeks of recuperation from my fall, it wasn't that bad. Believe can hit 33km/h with some training on this setup. Really hope to be able to do it in 2 weeks when I join Ervin and his fren for a team Duathlon. I'm responsible for the 40km bike leg. Hope to finish it in 1hr 20 mins. Cos normal road bike will take around 1hr 15. Would be a great achievement if I can hit that timing.
Front View, Look at the new 1.25"Tyres.. so small.... haha..
After spending that money, there goes my I-pod/ camera. But definitely don't regret upgrading it. Some how or rather, I think I prefer to spend it on bike then buying a 4GB I-pod nano. It should last me for quite sometime. Now its back to earning money and saving for Uni expenses and Trip to Laos and Cambodia. Its coming really fast. Save Save Save....



No comments:
Post a Comment