Celebrated my 21st Birthday on the 29th of June 07. A week early, due to my bag packing trip from 010707 to 170707. It was really a memorable and enjoyable evening, shared with 24 of my close friends, family members and my cousin.
Preparation work actually begun on 270607, 2 days before the actual day. Grocery shopping, making the potato salad and making Konnyaku. It took a very time to get ready all the things, but seeing how the guest appreciate my home-made potato salad and konnyaku, I know my efforts were worth it.
On D-Day itself, 290607, Hong sheng and YY, ( his gf ) together with Mindy came over around 3.15pm to help me shift the barang barang over. Really appreciated HS for offering the help, couldn't have transported all my things over without his help. After transferring all the things up the mini van, we moved off to Aloha Loyang, Garden terrace E. Once there, everybody got down to shifting the things, and rearranging the things to get it ready for the party later. Soon, was down to wrapping the corn and sweet potatoes with the aluminium foil. It was then Fang came in, to give a helping hand too. As the saying goes, " Ren2 tuo1 hao3 ban4 shi4 ", everything was done up within the first 2hrs. and by 5pm, we were seated down at the table, chatting, relaxing. Mahjong was being played while waiting for the crowd to come.
Around 6.30pm, the buffet came in, and Fang had to leave. Kinda sad that she need to leave so early, but she tried to make up for it by coming earlier to help out. =) . Had no choice, but to pass her the cupcake to her first. ( with her name ). Took a few photos with her before leaving. The only person that I still keep in contact with from my Junior class. Glad that I kept in contact with her. A really nice friend.

Soon the crowd start to come in, bit by bit, starting to fill the space. Moving from different groups and entertaining everybody as much as possible. It was not easy to do so. Somehow, still neglected some of the guests. Felt bad for that... But at least I could see that most people were having fun and enjoying themselves.
Half way thru, I was rather high on Alcohol le. Drinking mainly wine and Alize Gold passion.. A mixture of Beer, wine and liquor, usually brings about a bit of intoxication. Was quite immune to the alcohol at one pt of time, that I was telling Jia Hui, that Alize Gold passion is just like Passion fruit juice.easy to take. Could see the sudden change in expression, when she took a sip down. Opps.. haha... Sorry Jiahui..
Part of the 03S12 that came ealier.

Around 9 plus the party has fully swing in to the high key. Everybody was enjoying themselves at different parts of the chalet, laughters could be heard everywhere. The last expected guest arrived around 9.45pm and it was time for cake cutting. Took out the Bdae cake, and the Mini cup cakes, personalised with each and everyone's name. Most of them were quite amazed by the cupcakes. Think out of the whole event, the cupcakes was the most memorable bring away for all of my invited guests. Something special, to make everybody remember my 21st Bdae. =p . The Birthday Song intiated by Daniel, ( Thanks Bro .. ) Was really loud and solid. Was really quite touched at the point of time, and when I was making a little short speech, thanking everybody for coming, I was actually controlling my emotions. How can I cry on my Big day. haha....
The cupcakes, and my Birthday Cake
.

Had a lot of fun taking photos with each and group of my friends. I was selective when coming up with the guest list. Making it even more meaningful, when this group of friends that I treasure, are sharing this special moment with me.
All good things comes to an end. That's when the cake cutting and the photo taking session was over. Everybody start to leave le. Only my army buddies and Seng kang gang went back late. That was when I actually had time to sit down and have a proper chatting time with them. In the end, around 1 plus, HS decided to go back, and he was very nice to offer to help me bring back some things. So my mum went back and unloaded the things. My mum was the unsung hero throughout the whole process. Quietly, doing everything for me, hoping that it'll go smoothly. Its just so nice and touching to know that my mum is doing so much for me. Thank you Mum..
around 4am, The sengkang gang decides to leave. leaving only Lynal and me to the whole chalet. It didn't matter, cos we were both rather tired le. Luckily Lynal, being brother enough, stayed and accompanied me for the night. And in the morning, he help me transport back the rest of the stuff. Don't know how it would have been, if he wasn't there. Me alone in the chalet? hmm... phew... at least it didn't happen.
Took photos of the present that I received. Being a sporty person by nature, most of the presents I received, was some how linked to it. haha... Practical and good for me to use.. Yeah...
Received a total of 1 long sleeve shirt, 3 t-shirts, one ripcurl back pack, one camelbak, one waist pouch, one timex, ironman watch, $140 Running lab voucher, $20 borders voucher and Godiva Chocolate. Was really surprised that my Army buddies got me the running lab voucher.. they know that I'm looking to buy a pair of running shoe. Thanks brothers. Will be eyeing for either Asics Kayano, or the Newface new edition trail running shoes. hehe...

Preparation work actually begun on 270607, 2 days before the actual day. Grocery shopping, making the potato salad and making Konnyaku. It took a very time to get ready all the things, but seeing how the guest appreciate my home-made potato salad and konnyaku, I know my efforts were worth it.
On D-Day itself, 290607, Hong sheng and YY, ( his gf ) together with Mindy came over around 3.15pm to help me shift the barang barang over. Really appreciated HS for offering the help, couldn't have transported all my things over without his help. After transferring all the things up the mini van, we moved off to Aloha Loyang, Garden terrace E. Once there, everybody got down to shifting the things, and rearranging the things to get it ready for the party later. Soon, was down to wrapping the corn and sweet potatoes with the aluminium foil. It was then Fang came in, to give a helping hand too. As the saying goes, " Ren2 tuo1 hao3 ban4 shi4 ", everything was done up within the first 2hrs. and by 5pm, we were seated down at the table, chatting, relaxing. Mahjong was being played while waiting for the crowd to come.
Around 6.30pm, the buffet came in, and Fang had to leave. Kinda sad that she need to leave so early, but she tried to make up for it by coming earlier to help out. =) . Had no choice, but to pass her the cupcake to her first. ( with her name ). Took a few photos with her before leaving. The only person that I still keep in contact with from my Junior class. Glad that I kept in contact with her. A really nice friend.
Soon the crowd start to come in, bit by bit, starting to fill the space. Moving from different groups and entertaining everybody as much as possible. It was not easy to do so. Somehow, still neglected some of the guests. Felt bad for that... But at least I could see that most people were having fun and enjoying themselves.
Half way thru, I was rather high on Alcohol le. Drinking mainly wine and Alize Gold passion.. A mixture of Beer, wine and liquor, usually brings about a bit of intoxication. Was quite immune to the alcohol at one pt of time, that I was telling Jia Hui, that Alize Gold passion is just like Passion fruit juice.easy to take. Could see the sudden change in expression, when she took a sip down. Opps.. haha... Sorry Jiahui..
Part of the 03S12 that came ealier.
Around 9 plus the party has fully swing in to the high key. Everybody was enjoying themselves at different parts of the chalet, laughters could be heard everywhere. The last expected guest arrived around 9.45pm and it was time for cake cutting. Took out the Bdae cake, and the Mini cup cakes, personalised with each and everyone's name. Most of them were quite amazed by the cupcakes. Think out of the whole event, the cupcakes was the most memorable bring away for all of my invited guests. Something special, to make everybody remember my 21st Bdae. =p . The Birthday Song intiated by Daniel, ( Thanks Bro .. ) Was really loud and solid. Was really quite touched at the point of time, and when I was making a little short speech, thanking everybody for coming, I was actually controlling my emotions. How can I cry on my Big day. haha....
The cupcakes, and my Birthday Cake
.

Had a lot of fun taking photos with each and group of my friends. I was selective when coming up with the guest list. Making it even more meaningful, when this group of friends that I treasure, are sharing this special moment with me.
All good things comes to an end. That's when the cake cutting and the photo taking session was over. Everybody start to leave le. Only my army buddies and Seng kang gang went back late. That was when I actually had time to sit down and have a proper chatting time with them. In the end, around 1 plus, HS decided to go back, and he was very nice to offer to help me bring back some things. So my mum went back and unloaded the things. My mum was the unsung hero throughout the whole process. Quietly, doing everything for me, hoping that it'll go smoothly. Its just so nice and touching to know that my mum is doing so much for me. Thank you Mum..
around 4am, The sengkang gang decides to leave. leaving only Lynal and me to the whole chalet. It didn't matter, cos we were both rather tired le. Luckily Lynal, being brother enough, stayed and accompanied me for the night. And in the morning, he help me transport back the rest of the stuff. Don't know how it would have been, if he wasn't there. Me alone in the chalet? hmm... phew... at least it didn't happen.
Took photos of the present that I received. Being a sporty person by nature, most of the presents I received, was some how linked to it. haha... Practical and good for me to use.. Yeah...
Received a total of 1 long sleeve shirt, 3 t-shirts, one ripcurl back pack, one camelbak, one waist pouch, one timex, ironman watch, $140 Running lab voucher, $20 borders voucher and Godiva Chocolate. Was really surprised that my Army buddies got me the running lab voucher.. they know that I'm looking to buy a pair of running shoe. Thanks brothers. Will be eyeing for either Asics Kayano, or the Newface new edition trail running shoes. hehe...

Really amazed by the efforts that Sara put in for my bdae card. Didn't realise the whole thing was drawn up by her until I looked at it more carefully. It just look too GOOOoD. *clap *Clap *. Thanks Girl for the sweet effort.
More photos to be uploaded next time. ( didn't manage to get the photos before i pack up . ) Decided to blog it before I forget about some of the details. Flying off in another 8 hours time. Waking up in another 5 hours time. Yawnz.. still feeling tired from the partying last night.. Hopefully will have sufficient rest, and feel recharge for the Whole trip.
Yipee.. off to Laos and Cambodia for 17 days. Will be back.... time to sleep now... Zzz.

No comments:
Post a Comment