Thursday, June 7, 2007

Moved On.. Live On... Dream On..

Its been 3 months since I'm single. Haven't really thought much into it actually.

Couldn't get use to it initially, but I think I've grown out of it. Its difficult to just say forget about what has happened and move on, because memories are always there, and 4 yrs of memories is a lot to forget. Kinda impossible to do so overnight. " Time heals all wounds " I belive that does happens, but whether the injured part can heal back to its original state, that leaves to be found out.

The first month was the most terrible actually, a sudden lost of someone that you love. Used to have someone by the side, giving support, advice etc, and all of a sudden, I'm left all alone. Much sacrifices has been made along the way, some have paid off and some didn't. So many friends were lost along the way, due to the lack of contact.

To think back, I should really thank my sis and her bf for helping me walk through this rough patch. She brought me along to Tioman for a "relaxation" trip within 3 days notice. She has been always there providing me valuable advice and help in what ever way I require. Perhaps they are much more experienced in handling such things, 10yrs together, I'm quite sure they've been through many tough spots together too. Somehow the things they say always make sense.

Also, a few other friends also played a huge role in my route to recovery, Hong Sheng, Eason, Fang, Karen, Mindy. Really fortunate that I still have such nice friends around me. The few friends that I still keep in constant contact. I must really treasure them.

Filled my schedule to the brim at that point of time to keep myself busy all the time, Training, Running, Cycling, Tuition, Work, Basketball, what ever I can do to fill my time. Have been leading a very hectic life since then. Honestly, life hasn't change much, less the fact that now my saturdays are more free. But the constant birthday parties to attend has filled up most of my weekends and thus making my free saturdays insignificant.

"Forgive and Forget". That's what I hope I can ultimately achieve. I've already done so for the " Forgive " part, and now its the " Forget " that I need to acheive. Though some fond memories will never be forgotten. I'm one that easily forgives and forget. Never believes in brooding over the past. What pass has pass. No point thinking over it. Can only take it as a lesson learnt. Perhaps being an Optimist really does help.

I believe I've grown out of it. Cos saw her on sunday at PC fair, and I didn't feel anything. Its just like seeing a friend along the streets. She looks just fine as well. Come to think of it, maybe she has made the right choice.

Have I moved on? I think so, but just doesn't seem to be interested in anybody or even asking people out. The mood is just not there to start anything. Trying to enjoy the singlehood life at the moment. Well I guess the environment plays a huge role. Just can't wait to begin Uni life. There would be so much more opportunities available then. Exactly 2 months left before the staring of the term.

An end to a story is a start of another chapter. My new chapter has already begun and I'm slowly filling it up to make it more vibrant and lively. Living the way that I want and enjoy. I'm independent and sometimes too independent for some to handle. Would be good to have someone supporting and caring for me, doesn't everybody yearns for that ? But I guess I'll survive well, or even more excel if I fully focus on the things that I want to achieve in the next few yrs. There are still many things left to be done.

Move On...
Live On ...
Dream On...

No comments: