Sunday, June 17, 2007

Beep Test

Did a beep test this morning at National Stadium. Stated time was 8.15am. I was there around 8am, but couldn't find anybody. Combed the whole Stadium to no avil. Remembered that I saw the email that was sent out, stating to meet at Gate C. but there wasn't any, only gate 1, 2 and 3. Oh man.. waited around there till 8.30, before the security guard told me that there was a group of runners walking to the other side. Wa la.. Immediately ran over to check it out. Found them at last. I was just about to leave. Heng arh...

Only then did I realise that the meeting point was Gate 3, Car park C. Opps. Must have been half asleep while reading the email regarding the meeting point.

Anyway, met up with some of the Sgrunners. Got to know this Simon, very fast runner, who has a Fetish for Hill runs. Crazy. Can't stop talking about the slopes.. haha.. But interesting fella, who clocks 1hr 35min for 21km. A level above the rest. I'll try to match up with his standard in time to come.

Anyway, Beep test is a test to see the aerobic fitness of a person. It measures the VO2 max, meaning the maximum about of oxygen the muscles can take in at higher intensity of work out. A very accurate test. And it cost $170 with full analysis if done in Lap. I got to do it this time for free, due to the nice doc from the Science lab who is also a runner, sharing/conducting it for us FREE.

Quite a streneous activity I would say. Especially I've not done such high intensity running for quite some time. Did the Beep test once in OCS before Commissioning, that time i hit level 13, stage 2. And this time I only managed Level 11 stage 9. Cannot make it liao. Drop quite a bit. Fitness drop significantly. Though my VO2 max was calculated at 52.8, anything above 50 for male is considered good. So i'm considered good, above average, but not very good .. The guy who ran 1 hr 35 min, did level 13 stage 10, VO2 max of 59.8. Very good le. Elite Marathon Runners clock 70+, 80 Though.

Just begun warm-up


At Level 7,


After the test, feeling tired, Simon in yellow, A new friend made from Sgrunners.
The Sgrunners ( Only a small group turned up )

Quite an interesting test, don't get such chances to do test like this FOC. Importantly, get to do something that I enjoy and meet more people.

After the test, supposed to go Sentosa to meet leonard ,Eason and Hongsheng.. But due to the unforeseen circumstances, it was cancelled. Only got to know it When I called Hs, who WAS supposed to meet me for beep test, but couldn't wake up. luckily I called first, If not would have made a wasted trip... So I went home instead. My body finally waved the white flag. Surrender le. After 2 weeks of non stop action waking up latest by 7am, even on weekends, for runs,/ exercise etc, I knocked out this afternoon around 1pm. Only woke up when sis's friend came over and was laughing out so loudly. Disturbing my peaceful sleep. Haiz..

In the end, I stay home all the way and played game instead. A good rest actually. Compared to all the rest of the physically demanding things I've been doing for the past few weekends. Drained out.

1Am now.. a while more before Spanish La Liga last game kicks off. Sevilla, Real, Barca fighting for the title, in one of the tightest Championship for many years. Interesting.... hopefully tomorrow won't burn out before the end of tuition at 9pm. Yawnz....

No comments: