The first person that I got introduced to was Alice. A really nice lady would taught me much of my skills required to use the programme there. Patient and cheerful person by nature, she guide me through all the things that I need to know, including bringing me to the near-by places for lunch. Really appreciated her efforts in teaching me. Though she has her blur moments too. Will always remember her favourite phrase " The Issue is ... " never fails to start the sentence , with that, whenever we are in the middle of a debate or arguement. haha...
Alice

Next person that I got to know was Peiling. Always call her Ah ling, or Ling Jie, lately has been calling her Ah boi, cos of her short hair style. Initial first impression wasn't very good actually. Looks quite fierce, haha... but as I got to know her more, perhaps a few weeks later, realise she's quite a crappy and fun girl too. Quite reserve and quiet most of the time, choosing to remain silent and just give a smile only. Quite cute I would say.. Hehe.. My " sour plum " xiao jie, cos she's my constant supplier, whenever I'm sleepy, I would walk over to her cubicle and grab one. Also, a frequent kaki on the msn, chatting and gossiping about the malay village behind me.
Peiling

William, a veteran at the workplace. A unknown person to me virtually until a month or 2 later. Know him for his characteristic loud laughter and " yellow " jokes. Very funny person who never fails to crack a joke or 2 to lighten up the atmosphere. ( its normally very quiet ). Very helpful, and has his own principle in whatever he does. An ex-army specialist regular, would say regimental to a certain extend. On most days, he would greet me morning with a " Morning Sir " coupled with a salute. ( very sincere one, not those sloppy army fella ) Felt funny intitially but it soon became the trademark between the 2 of us. A really different feeling, since I've already left the army for quite some time, and someone is saluting me for it. Appreciated all the guidance and help he has given me. He believes in teaching how to fish rather than giving the fish. So I've actually learnt a lot of things from him, not only at work, but life lesson as well. =)

Guo Yong, A good buddy of mine at the work place. A temp converted to a Perm recently. Nice person who treats friends really nice. My crapping friend throughout my stint there, and often my kaki to " eat snake ". Will accompany him down to the smoking corner, ( though I hated the Cigratte smell ) but he's always being understanding, puffing away from me. And I need the walk and fresh air occasionally. So its fine. He shares some of my troubles at work, and gives sound and reasonable advice along the way. Too bad, he's being on course for the past 2 weeks, and currently still having reservist. Photo taken some time back. A friend worth keeping. Will definitely keep in touch with him..

Eugene, A fellow Temp staff, heading to NTU soon. Don't really know him that well, but still a friend that I've known there, Occasionally chatting and having fun there.

The present that they gave to me. As a farewell gift, as well as my 21st Birthday. Very nice and thoughtful of them. Didn't know that temp staff will also receive such things. Felt quite touched actually. Will remember this... Quite a cute card, with all their well wishes for my studies and future endeavour. Really a good feeling to leave the place knowing that I've left good impression with them.
( photo taken at a park near my students house )

All in all , its being an enjoyable working experience there, knowing so many new people from all sorts of background, sharing joy and laughter together. Though this job doesn't provide me with any relevant job experience in the future, I learnt quite a lot of life lessons, through the sharing and chatting sessions with all of them. ( I'm the youngest there ). Reflecting back, this 8 months really flies, many things has happened along the way, and I'm glad I've pulled through some of the toughest period, together with some of my colleagues here. Thanks all for the support, help and advice that has been given to me. Life would be so much different without you guys..
Cheers !!
No comments:
Post a Comment