Just got back from New Balance Real run. Started off at 7.45am, don't know why start so late either. Normal races start around 5.30am or latest 6.30am. The sun and the heat towards the back is an absolute killer. About 9am or so, the heat reflecting off the run way is horrible. Started off the run quite well, clocking average 5min 10 sec per km for the first 8km, running along side with Ben. Thereafter, decided to pull off a bit and I went to chase an Ang Mor. Quite consistent pacing, nice to run behind him. haha.. first 10km was clocked around 51min. That was soon followed by 1km of sand, which was quite bad. The sand really suck in our legs, and lots of energy is required to overcome it. Perhaps that's the kick of Real Run, a combination of different terrains to kill the monotonous road running.
In the end, finished in 1hr 22min. 2 min off my target. Overall still alright, not very happy with the timing, but considering the training I've put in, this is reasonable.
So cool... the Bib I wore has been personalise. It has my name on it.. lolx.. 6513.. buy 4D.

Ben and me at the end of the race, Glad that I wore the shades. The sun was too glaring. Can't even properly open my eyes without that.

Waiting for the road to be re-open before I can drive out. Got bored, so took a few more photos. Lolx.

Overall I would say this race is quite well organised, systematic as well. Well done to the organisers. But the place is so darn Ulu. Inconvenient to go there without a car.
No comments:
Post a Comment