Saturday, October 6, 2007

Victory at Inter Club bridge League

Played for NUS team just now in the afternoon, it was the last game of the season. And I'm glad we did well to win the game just now. Played a total of 24 boards, which was split into 2 sessions, 12 boards each, spanning 4hrs in total... Won the first 12 boards, 59imps -11 imps, and second, 16imps -53imps. Total win at 75-64 imps. Since it was the last round of the season, the game would only cause a difference next season, causing us to be seeded 5th, higher chance to progress up the top. This league is across the whole singapore, with all the top Bridge players vying for the top spot in the Competitions and Cup, with attractive prize money....

I think I'm the only yr1 to have represented the club for 2 competitions, and the feeling of being in the team is good. Knowing that the Seniors are much stronger than the current yr 1s and yr 2s, I think i'm really fortunate and privilege to be able to play along side with them. The experience gained is invaluable. I realise I really enjoy the taste of victory. Who don't ? but victory never comes easy, be it pool, bridge, soccer, anything... hard work needs to be put in. bridge is very time consuming and so is pool. I've chosen this 2 to focus on at the moment, cos I enjoy playing it. But I know there'll come a time whereby I'll need to choose one. Which one would it be eventually ?

No comments: