Day 6, Spent an additional day in Jaipur.. the Pink City.. ( Every City in India has its own special name.. ).. It was actually quite a well worth stay there.. Cos I enjoyed walking down the streets.. It was a really interesting experience to walk down the streets watching the Skilled marble craftsman carving out the statues/monuments, watching them do manual carpet weaving..
Visited the City palace in Jaipur.. A museum itself, which show case a lot of weapons and history dated back to 16th and 17th century.. the whole tour of the museum allowed me to understand much more about how the city came about and this city contributed a huge part to the rich history of India during that period of time..
View of the City palace.. ( part of it only... )
One of the marble carving shops..
One of the thing that came to my mind when India was mentioned, was the FLUTE blowing cobra.. and I finally got to witness it towards the end of my tour.. The Cobras are so harmless lar.. got tamed Cobra ?
One of the mirror along the walkway.. So many ppl were staring at me when I took this.. lolx..
Carpet weaving.. a very slow process.. Now I finally understand why Carpets are so expensive..
After 3 weeks of Indian Food, I got kind of sianz of it.. And I went in search for something familiar.. Found the ever trusting Macdonalds.. hehe... It just taste the same whichever part of the world we go to.. Mac never tasted so good before.. the smell of the fries, the taste of the Filet O-Fish, was splendid. Even more so, when I've been searching high and low for fish for nearly 2 weeks.. lolx..
Took train back from Jaipur back to Delhi, one day earlier than expected. Ever wondered why the railway tracks are so dirty ?
Cos the toilet has a through past to the bottom of the track.. Its an opening that leaves everything on the track.. Yikes..
This little girl keep popping over to my seat and watch me play my PSP.. lolx.. She kept asking me whether I'm playing a gameboy.. somehow I couldn't get the msg across to her that this is a PSP.. So she'll just know it as a gameboy... haha.. Her dad was seating beside me actually.. a Army personnel. Was chatting with him along the way. Apparently, he's quite a high ranking officer on Holiday..
Pretty little girl.. 7 yrs old.
Reach Delhi really late on the 30th night.. SUPER uber cold, with the cold wind blowing, it was bitterly uncomfortable.. Checked into a HORRENDOUS guest house. Didn't really care that much already.. just wanted a room to sleep.. last night anyway..
Day 8, Back In delhi...
My favourite Breakfast meal in Delhi. I actually went back to the same shop that I ate during the first day in Delhi, 7 days ago. Haha... DOSA MASALA. its the shop's speciality, DOSA with potato mixed together with their own recipe of spices.. YUM YUM!!!
With a day to spare, I went to Gandhi Smriti.. The place where Gandhi spent the last 144 days of his life there.. and I walked down the path when he was shot dead by a Hindu Zealot...
The World Peace Gong..
The father of INDIA... Fought for independence and equal rights for all..
Well.. I like this phrase a lot.. The whole place was fully of inspiritaional phrases said by him.. The feeling was really amazing upon reading it... Enlightment for some...
I was carrying my luggage all the while for the last day, Cos I don't want to go back to the guesthouse to retrieve my luggage ..its kinda far.. Luckily, I'm travelling light.. Begun the trip with 9.8kg of load.. Ended the trip with 11.3kg.. a relatively light bag to carry around.. Phew...
Didn't eat anything else for the last day other than the morning DOSA masala.. Partly because I'm left with one RS1000 note.. And I don't want to break it.. While waiting in the airport... (Erm.. I was there at 1pm, though my flight is at 7pm.. Just don't feel like walking around anymore.. ). Managed to find Rs 100 in my pocket... Wahaha.. My saviour.. Cos I was really very hungry by then.. Saw this interesting Booth selling Hotdogs... Erm.. VEgetarian hotdogs.. Oh man...
To wrap up the trip... It shall end with this photo of me walking towards the Shuttle bus that fetches us from the departure gate to the plane.. Can't describe the feeling of walking towards the bus.. Cos I know I'm a step closer to reaching home ...
Well... The last day of the trip was EXCITING.. Cos I was rushing and trying to catch the flight.. Flight from Delhi to Bangalore was at 7pm, ETA,( Estimated time of Arrival ) at 9.30pm, and my flight from Bangalore to Singapore was at 12 midnight.. Upon arrival in Bangalore airport, I had to rush and get my luggage from the baggage claim and immediately head to the departure hall to check in..
Was actually quite panicky while waiting for my bag to be out... As I can't imagine myself missing the flight back to Singapore, and have to stay another night in Bangalore.. The thought was unbearable.. Luckily all went well, and my flight from Delhi to Bangalore was the ONLY flight within that few hours that wasn't delayed. The rest of the flight were delayed by at least half an hour to an hour.. ( some were even cancelled ) . Thank goodness that I'm now back at Home..
The comfort of home.. The Queen size bed that awaits me every night.. The clean water, the clean streets,the cleaner air, etc...
THIS IS HOME TRULY !!!
No comments:
Post a Comment