Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Chek Jawa

Went running with dan this morning, Test run the 2.4km at the stadium. It was a tough one. Firstly, I hate running in circles, that's why I particularly don't like to run in a stadium. Secondly, there was strong headwind blowing against us and the sun was a killer today. Damn hot.. Thirdly, my striding is shorter than usual. ARhz.. Can't help it, due to knee restrictions. So a rather casual one at 10.33. Still reasonable timing, considering the conditions.

Went to Chek Jawa in the afternoon with Des, Ben and Grace, as part of our GEK mod project's survey. Also, it's one of the field trip for our SSS module. There were several things that we saw there, but we were limited to the board walk only. It was kinda sad. Was expecting to see more things. It's like so near but yet so far.. seeing other visitors watching and examining the species of animals in the mud-flats, but I can't go down... ARhz.. I'm sure I'll go there again, and walk for myself..

but still, managed to take some photos of the more common animals that appeared near the boardwalk area.


My fav.... Crabs... the place was just full of Fiddler crabs. Lots and Lots of them, even managed to see some of them fighting.

No comments: