Thursday, February 28, 2008

Went for my 17th blood donation today. While in the donation centre, the nurse asked me whether I want to donate platelets instead. Apparently, they are in desperate needs for it today. But, I've been to Thailand for training, Anti-Malaria pill means I can't do that for 3 yrs.

Well, that said, I remembered donating platelets to my fren's dad who was diagnosed with leukaemia last june. It's weird isn't it ? 2 different set of criteria within the small island. Blood bank was calling for more regular donors, but they set stringent rules, preventing many ppl from doing so, ( if not turning ppl away ) Take for e.g. Full blood donation at Blood bank is 12 weeks waiting time. while SGH blood transfusion centre is 8 weeks. Understanding the fact that they want to be safe that the blood they take in are safe for patients to use, but overly cautious will only deprive themselves of willing donors.

Anyway, went to watch Death note . L change the world with lin. An interesting thriller/detective show.. Lin provided me with quick summaries of the previous 2, which helped in the understanding of the whole show too.. Haha.. Though I didn't watch the first 2 series, but there wasn't much of a relevance.

No comments: