Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Discipline

Discipline means nothing to someone who obeys the rules, Only those who defys will face the punishment.

Learnt this statement while watching the Discovery channel. Title " Brat Academy "
Reflecting upon that, Its really true isn't it. If you are always following the " rules & laws" you will never need to know what sort of punishment will follow if you don't.

Talking about discipline will naturally be linked back to the Army days.. I think I've been a rather obedient soldier, following all the rules and regulations. I've only gotten ONE extra duty, cos I bought a stupid magazine( rifle mag) to the range. and that's the only guard duty I've ever done so. Some how I get to escape all the regimental duties, as there will always be some ppl who do stupid things to get Extras. And with all the appointments I've got, it served as a " hu shen fu ". Safely went past the trainee days. Upon commissioning, there was Duty Officer ( D.O ) to do. I've only done it 12 times i think. one for each month I'm there. Ord-ied safely without any extras too. Phew!~

When chatting with some frens on doing guard duty and D.O, they always got things to share, but I've got no exp in that area. And they commented that I've lost out on that. Huh?!? Its alright man.. I don't need that kind of exp. I rather spend my time doing other things..

Haiz.. recently, got a lot of call up by Mindef, regarding all the mannings and in-camp training. its about time to dig out my NO.4 uniform and kiwi my boots le. Old man needs to get back to camp liao. its just irritating that its right inbetween my 3months break, how to find job like that.. arhz..

Comparing myself to before, I think my level of discipline has dipped a lot. Need to pull myself out and reinstate myself to the level I had before I commissioned. I don't think I'm as hardworking and self-controlled as before le. someone pls push me..

No comments: